VITO 109 cdi, anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 111CDI Extra Long mate. I've had it from new and had s**t loads of problems with it during the first year or so. Once it was all sorted out to my satisfaction I must say I love the van. I've not had that many vans (usually kept for a long time) but this is definitely the nicest one to drive and is pretty economical, 75ltr tank and I can get 500 miles out of it. 18000 miles between services is good, just don't get one serviced at Merc!
With the extra long you can get 3 metre beads in straight down it's length.
When empty it really can shift although it is the next rating up from the one you're looking at.
Only downside I can think of is the payload isn't quite as much as I'd like.

ive got the 109 long on a 58 plate had it a while now great van, a few niggles with a light on dash when i first got it but sorted under warranty and now its fine, great drive van, reasonable on diesel

Get down to merc and get yourself a brand new one with some goodys for about £40 a week, do the long term maths and you'll realise buying new is'nt much more.

10 year finance does that exist? No just put a decent desposit down, 3 years later chop it in as a deposit, drive away in a new one.

danny thought you was after a big on?

Decided I've no need for anything as big as a long tranny, it would probably be a bitch to park around here.

As long as it will fit a couple of dozen boards in then that will be OK.

Hold there value better though so your not really losing. Well sought after for camper conversions too so if they're not shagged out they're easy to sell on.

They're not ideal for 8x4's but they go in sitting on the back of the head rests. No chance with a bulkhead in though. Never been a problem for me I can get a few when needed and bigger loads delivered. If your planning on carrying a lot of boards then your definately better getting a LWB.

I've got a 111CDI Extra Long mate. I've had it from new and had s**t loads of problems with it during the first year or so. Once it was all sorted out to my satisfaction I must say I love the van.

Thanks for the replies all.

What problems did you have Andy?

Status
Not open for further replies.