Vitcas heat proof plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBentLegs

Anyone used this? Plastering inside and surround of a fireplace in it as we speak and its completely unworkable.

Mix it up in bucket to workable consistancy (so I thought), soon as I move it around the consistancy changes and it goes gloopy and runny, same as the areas I'm trying to trowel.

At this point I don't think for one minute I'll get it to a smooth paintable finish, dragging, tiger stripes, holos that dont fill and go running next to firm dragging bits arghhh, this is why I don't like taking on work I aint done before!!

Would get a better finish using self levelling compound, feels practically the same.

Danny did a write up on it with directions from Vitcas on the best way to approach using it. Do a search for it. Probably set by now anyway :inocente:

Last edited:
Tell me about it, it wasn't my choice though, customers someone I've done plenty of work for so thought I'd give it a go! They seen what trouble I've had so said themselves for the next room not to use it!

Renders been used for donkeys years with no problems, what a load of s**t these products are!!

ITS FOOOOOOOKIN AWFUL MATE!!!!!

It belongs in plasterers room 101 with some of the other shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I use I swear NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

I had the exact same problem. Done everything as instructed but couldn't get it to play ball at all, load of shite
Tell me about it, it wasn't my choice though, customers someone I've done plenty of work for so thought I'd give it a go! They seen what trouble I've had so said themselves for the next room not to use it!

Renders been used for donkeys years with no problems, what a load of s**t these products are!!

Load of bollo** that gear..I phoned them up to say what the f*&* is this gear about.
The guy stuttered through application process.awful stuff.

The tub recommemed 3-6mm, I layed it on then darent lay a second coat on as whenever I touched it the gear went liquidy again!

Tried leaving it ages too then trowelling it but then it was firm as f**k and barely able to move it, until again it eventually went liquidy again, then it starts tearing at the same time as being gloopy in places.

Absolute joke! I know some on here have had more luck bleuuurrghh!!

Also, the shop selling the stove/gear said all their fitters use angle beads when using this stuff? I told customer it wasn't recommended but if he wants me to use them I will, the gear wouldn't go off at all on the beads as was no suction etc/

I have no trouble doing wet externals with multi finish but couldn't imagine in a million years doing it with this s**t, have you guys used beads too or recommend anything?

The tub recommemed 3-6mm, I layed it on then darent lay a second coat on as whenever I touched it the gear went liquidy again!

Tried leaving it ages too then trowelling it but then it was firm as f**k and barely able to move it, until again it eventually went liquidy again, then it starts tearing at the same time as being gloopy in places.

Absolute joke! I know some on here have had more luck bleuuurrghh!!

Also, the shop selling the stove/gear said all their fitters use angle beads when using this stuff? I told customer it wasn't recommended but if he wants me to use them I will, the gear wouldn't go off at all on the beads as was no suction etc/

I have no trouble doing wet externals with multi finish but couldn't imagine in a million years doing it with this s**t, have you guys used beads too or recommend anything?

I chamfered the edge... Customer wanted it that way....

Status
Not open for further replies.