Video

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
im just putting 2 and 2 together from what paul said to me when i met him a couple of months ago and the date of the video, and remember it wassnt that long ago he went to japan which would be when he switched to the jap trowel.
and why do you think he doesnt answer the questions, you can take the piss all you want with all this "what else did he give you" but did you actually give these products a try or a chance, no you diddnt so how can you write something off without even trying it.
admitedly i have only tried the clay once, but i liked it it was nice to use easy to work with and a wide variety of finishes and colour and textures, same with what i have seen of the shikkui, and so what if people are saying "well its just the same as what we have got over here already" its called competition thats how businesses and markets work, when any of you started plastering did any of you think, ah sh.it theres already a plasterer in this country..........tell you what i wnt bother.
IF people had not just wrote products off straight away and actually tried it first or even gave it a chance then you would all have the answers you obviously so desperatly want (which you dnt actually want you just making a point of paul not being on here anymore).

also it takes years and years to build a product and business up as you all know so it is likley to be a while before its a known plaster to be used and mabey people asking for it

So how much did he pay you this time then? :RpS_biggrin:

FFS jace don't bite so easy mate & don't say your not because you are, you just wrote a feckin essay defending something you admit you don't know everything about.
Yes maybe you have used it,
but i know more about it than you realise jace. :)

And he is still on here, I know he is just because he isn't posting :RpS_wink:
And I also know a few members are running to him telling him what's been said on here. :RpS_sneaky:

If its not for you, don't use it and don't get involved with it...simple...i find it bizarre how much effort people go in to in being negative without offering any constructive critisism...its not stepping on anyones toes, he's marketing a nieche product which in these times is hard going, so i have a lot of respect for the efforts that are involved and how this potentially opens up another aspect to the trade

If its not for you, don't use it and don't get involved with it...simple...i find it bizarre how much effort people go in to in being negative without offering any constructive critisism...its not stepping on anyones toes, he's marketing a nieche product which in these times is hard going, so i have a lot of respect for the efforts that are involved and how this potentially opens up another aspect to the trade

Hello where did you pop up from :RpS_biggrin:
Do you know him aswell then?

People can & will get involved wether they like something or not, you can't stop that in real life or on the Internet :RpS_wink:

Yes I agree, I'm all for new products etc
But you say another aspect to the trade, is there any work for clay or shikkui?
The product is expensive you pay £££'s to do the 2 day course then you have to go & find some work for it(if there is any) then come back to spend loads of money on materials & tools.
I can only see one person who would make any money out of this, by the training & selling of materials & tools.
I don't think there's a Market for it, it's a money making scheme that won't last because it obviously isn't making any money.

Sorry if that's negative but everyone should know the good & bad about something if they are going to part with their hard earned cash.

Ps he's not the first person to start up with shikkui or clay ask Jack88 :)

I've got nothing against the man or the products.
Who knows I might become a clay plasterer in the future :RpS_thumbsup:

@JezzJHP There was another guy like you, he just popped up out of the blue without introduction too, his name was Ronnie. Do you know our Ronnie? :RpS_unsure:
It's funny how you just suddenly appeared tonight too defend this product hmm :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
PIcs don't actually charge for the intro day , its just trying to claw back the cost of all the food that @kebabking @beddy have eaten it will probably take another five years to recoup those costs. An I think Paul Dixon is wonderfull x

have you done the training with clayman jezza ,how did you find out about clay/shikkui ????

PIcs don't actually charge for the intro day , its just trying to claw back the cost of all the food that @kebabking @beddy have eaten it will probably take another five years to recoup those costs. An I think Paul Dixon is wonderfull x

At least I had the courtesy to take food off a big plate and put it on my own seperate smaller plate. You just took the big ******* plate!

He's a big lad steve, mind you I think he's slimmed down a bit to squeeze into his powder blue tuxedo for the wedding he's going to lol :RpS_biggrin:

Well i subbed as a lime plaster for conservation firm 'Owlsworth IJP' who's subsiduary 'old house store' is where Paul had his workshop...i'd enquired with American clay long before Paul started shipping it over...they put me in touch with Paul once he was up and running and last year i got asked to help out on a project in Bray on thames where we did a house there using loma, enjarre and porcelina...i think the enjarre is probably the most user friendly and the one i'd use for its consistency...the loma is also a very nice product to work with, both create a very unique suede matte finish if done correctly...the porcelina is one which does come in to its own tho and will take quit a bit of experimentation to get consistent results..basically a clay version of marmorino....Like with all decorative plasters a top finish is down to the applictor and his skills on the tools and his knowledge in the field...u will only ever get an understanding of a product or system by experimentation yourself...

I've been to Pauls new workshop to test out the shikkui recently, the workshop is very impressive, great premises!!! as for the shikkui, i've only tested the Izumi which is very similar to marmorino so can't comment on the others as yet...I also know of the guys running the other shikkui company in the UK who are just applicators and last we spoke were flat out with work!!!....Shikkui will always remain (as with the clay) a very nieche product...they are premium finishes so people will pay more for that....

At the end of the day i love the trade and all the people out their who support it, progress it and nurture it in their own ways (applicators, distributors, teachers, guilds etc) i like to think those who regard themselves to be at the top of their game, supporting what they do within it and inspiring others in the process...Some aspects of the trade are not for everyone, so if its not for you don't waiste your time with it..simple:RpS_thumbsup:

@JezzJHP totally agree with your post, but please dont get confused with the banter in this thread mate , i don't think there is one person on this forum that means any malice towards Paul or is conviction and proffesionalism , well maybe apart from one person and i think she's in love with @Nisus now

I also know of the guys running the other shikkui company in the UK who are just applicators and last we spoke were flat out with work!!!

Yeah Miles & Dean.

Fair enough Jezz :RpS_thumbup:

But do you know Ronnie? :flapper:

@jrplastering I think people would have more respect for the guy and the product if he didn't charge for people to go and try his "new" product and find out how to use it. Christ even BG gave us a FREE day using both their premises and materials as well as their machine to try out the Thistle Spray Finish.
If it was free I'd go and find out about the gear and assess whether it would be of interest to my clients. If the gear was to my liking then he'd make money from selling me the stuff rather than trying to get some of my hard earned just to find out if it had potential for me.

BG have the capital to setup training centers and also get huge tax breaks for have training and teaching areas. The government think it helps grow new skills which will get more people working.

BG have the capital to setup training centers and also get huge tax breaks for have training and teaching areas. The government think it helps grow new skills which will get more people working.
Why do Weber charge for a coarse ,and bg / weber are owned by the same company :RpS_confused:

Hello Nisus, I haven't met Jezz but my pal went to help on the Bray job with him and Paul. I was back home finishing a job right before Xmas and only one of us Could go. I'm still here.... I see your still here spreading the love too

Holyshitballs its Ronaldo. ask and it shall be delivered......................:-0

Hello Nisus, I haven't met Jezz but my pal went to help on the Bray job with him and Paul. I was back home finishing a job right before Xmas and only one of us Could go. I'm still here.... I see your still here spreading the love too

Ronnie how's Brighton mate :RpS_thumbup:

Rite let's just all build a big massive clay hut or a shikkigloo so we can all hug together & spread the love :RpS_wub:

Why do Weber charge for a coarse ,and bg / weber are owned by the same company :RpS_confused:

Don't know maybe they know they can! Im not saying BG don't run paid for courses but they are a massive company with vast companies and clever accountant that help them to be able to subsidise free train if they chose.

Its unfair to compare a start up company with them and bash them for it

Brighton is sunny with plenty of people who want to spend their money on property. How is is it the Black country?

You need to speck with your Weber rep and they normally put you on FOC , they may ask for a deposit which will be refunded when you turn up.
Thanks mate ,but i have been using their gear for about 6 years now ,i personally have never been charged for a coarse ,but do not understand why some have to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.