Victas skimming

Members online

No members online now.

Arti

Anyone used it and can you just remove the existing skim around the inset fire and reskim with it?

I know victas recommend hacking off and using there render 1St but they're gonna say that aren't they

Anyone used it and can you just remove the existing skim around the inset fire and reskim with it?

I know victas recommend hacking off and using there render 1St but they're gonna say that aren't they
I used it one time was there till 10.30 at night messed around with it to much ! Get it flat leave it simple as not like gypsum finish at all

I used it one time was there till 10.30 at night messed around with it to much ! Get it flat leave it simple as not like gypsum finish at all
can i sue it over existing bonding though ? or do i need to dig it out and use there render as well ??

can i sue it over existing bonding though ? or do i need to dig it out and use there render as well ??
My advice but not correct get it on over the bonding and get the hell out of there! I’d even chuck a handful of cement in the finish !! Hindsight is a great thing if you don’t it won’t go of for hours ! Even blag em it’s victas just use multi and cement lol

I've used the fireproof finish once and I've sworn that I'll never use it again.
To be honest I thought that it was just cement that had been made slow setting.

I’ve been quite successful with vitcas but patience is the key with it. I manage to get it as smooth as finish. Can blend in with it too. It isn’t as bad as everyone makes out.

Here’s one I did t’other day
E529487B-BE61-44D2-A87F-0756ACA4FDBF.jpeg

Just try it and see how it goes arti. I’ve done jobs on their proper board, using vitcas glue and then vitcas finish and it still cracked. Some of these fires are ruthless the heat they kick out.

I fit loads of fires never once used it, cement board pva then board finish every time never had a problem