Very thin plaster on brickwall

Members online

cybervic

How would you patch up one side of this external corner, where the current plaster is only about 3-4mm thick measured from brick? SBR + onecoat?

image.jpg
D2A17A51-C4CB-45F5-94A2-B879DB8279BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Hack off old plaster and either board and skim or float and set

Be carefull with skirting board depth

Heating pipes are skirt mounted on the pics
So it is, personally I'd see if was possible to get the retaining clips off and separate the pipes from the skirt, but experience tells me it maybe more trouble than it's worth.

Stick a level on it and see how plumb the brickwork is first. Will give you an indicator of what to do next.

Thx guys, the radiator pipes are communal so can't touch them and can't board up. It's a 5 meter long wall only a small area (5-8cm width) along the corner edge that's blown and cracked. Client doesn't want to skim whole wall either so patch up is the only way.

I'll SBR the brick anyway and advice them it may crack again. Can anyone confirm Thistle Universal One Coat is better than bonding+muliti in this case?

Last edited:
Thx guys, the radiator pipes are communal so can't touch them and can't board up. It's a 5 meter long wall only a small area (5-8cm width) along the corner edge that's blown and cracked. Client doesn't want to skim whole wall either so patch up is the only way.

I'll SBR the brick anyway and advice them it may crack again. Can anyone confirm One Coat is better than bonding+muliti in this case?

f**k ne your charging for your shower of shite knowledge!

I'll SBR the brick anyway and advice them it may crack again. Can anyone confirm Thistle Universal One Coat is better than bonding+muliti in this case?
I thought this was diy . If your the spread then summits not right is it

I thought this was diy . If your the spread then summits not right is it
I'm in decorating, we do patch repair and small area skimming, anything bigger that'll bring about back and shoulder aches I told the client to have it done by a proper spread before we go in.

I'm in decorating, we do patch repair and small area skimming, anything bigger that'll bring about back and shoulder aches I told the client to have it done by a proper spread before we go in.
So why isn't said spread sorting it

So why isn't said spread sorting it
Bcoz the client doesn’t want to skim the whole wall. The other side of corner where the bricks are exposed will be boarded up and skimmed with Toupret to get a perfect finish for painting in one go, no spread is really needed in this job, except for the 3mm thin plaster but which I doubt any spread would be interested to price such small job.

Bcoz the client doesn’t want to skim the whole wall. The other side of corner where the bricks are exposed will be boarded up and skimmed with Toupret to get a perfect finish for painting in one go, no spread is really needed in this job, except for the 3mm thin plaster but which I doubt any spread would be interested to price such small job.
Just pay a spread and you can crack on with something else.