Venitian product that can be applied over wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently did a job on a mansion in the lakes, it was a stairwell and the skimming was new BUT had slight cracks in it, so we had the decorators line it with Wallrock Premium - The Best Lining Paper Money Can Buy then applied primer and 3 coats of stucco, so the answer to your question is any venetian product can be applied to backing paper as long as its primed first

Any coating finish applied over papper is a no no as its not a solid substrate. Eventually there would be problems or some sort of movement. When appling these finishes over walls some1 else has plastered we cant guarentee cracks either as we dont know if theyve skrimed up ect...

But don't most of us plaster onto paper on a regular basis anyway when we skim on to boards? I know it will be specially formulated etc so what's to say the lining paper mentioned earlier in the post isn't. Discuss :RpS_lol:

But don't most of us plaster onto paper on a regular basis anyway when we skim on to boards? I know it will be specially formulated etc so what's to say the lining paper mentioned earlier in the post isn't. Discuss :RpS_lol:

Lining paper is normally applied with wallpaper adhesive which will come back to life as the moisture from plasters etc soak in. I believe this could be a potential problem. I'm only guessing but i reckon the paper on plasterboard is probably not secured with wallpaper paste.

i know someone who puts stucco onto lining paper all the time. Mainly because hes a decorator and cant skim a wall but he does quite a bit of venetian work. As long as its primed there shouldnt be a problem. Look at it this way. If you applied Plas prime to a wallpapered wall and left it the required 24 hours you can put a multi finish skim onto it. The primer seperated the M/F from the paper and doesnt allow it to soak in and cause problems. It also gives it suction. So you can skim and use venetian onto paper

Status
Not open for further replies.