venetian

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistersmooth

after 21 years my back aint wot it used to be so ive booked a 10 day venetian course-reckon it could be a goer-any of you guys get much call for it?

they threatened legal action a while back coz they were getting bad feedback about one of their members.

only going there on a recommendation-mate of mine gets materials from them-fingers crossed-you gotta pay on commencement so gonna be a tad miffed if i get had over

Kirk have a look at the APC web site, they run a fibrous course as well. And you would be taught by someone who actually does it for a living and not just teaches a course. I've been over there today looking in on the fibrous side and the people on the course seemed to be picking it up pretty quickly, although it is a four week course.

essexandy said:
Kirk have a look at the APC web site, they run a fibrous course as well. And you would be taught by someone who actually does it for a living and not just teaches a course. I've been over there today looking in on the fibrous side and the people on the course seemed to be picking it up pretty quickly, although it is a four week course.

i will do mate but to be honest i cant afford to take a month of work (christmas left me skint) and i know most of the theory on it as i have read lots on the subject over the last five years but i just need to get some hands on to put 2&2 together if you know what i mean bud. how much dose that course cost?

yeah ive checked a lot of that out-thing is i wanna learn all the different finishes,stencilling,pigmenting etc and i reckon this,,ll probably be easiest way-at the end of it i,ll probably think what a piece of p but at least i wont have to jump straight into the deep end when i do 1st job-its booked for end of month

mistersmooth said:
yeah ive checked a lot of that out-thing is i wanna learn all the different finishes,stencilling,pigmenting etc and i reckon this,,ll probably be easiest way-at the end of it i,ll probably think what a piece of p but at least i wont have to jump straight into the deep end when i do 1st job-its booked for end of month
Well enjoy the course mate... but the way you texture it is simple you lay it on a bit thicker... say 2-3mm then roller over with hard roller so it looks like bark effect artex... then flatten it in when taking up... the repeat polishing process... simples... i think i will run a course in my garage anyone interested????

Thats dear and 10 days is far too long you can learn it in 2 days its a peice of P I S S!! Theres not alot of work though same as everything else. I do it and i personally think its shite but people will pay for it so what the hell!!!

Render Systems said:
mistersmooth said:
Well enjoy the course mate... but the way you texture it is simple you lay it on a bit thicker... say 2-3mm then roller over with hard roller so it looks like bark effect artex... then flatten it in when taking up... the repeat polishing process... simples... i think i will run a course in my garage anyone interested????

i run an abseiling course in my garage ;D anyone interested???? :-*

Well I did the 10 Day Venetian course at that place in Essex, what an enjoyable steep learning curve I had, as for render systems rolling it up walls I think not some howw. I have had loads of work since because you do loads of area ceilings and walls. being doing solid for years and believe me this stuff is the nuts. The difference is with a lot of solid spreaders out there we tend to jump onboard later because we all seem to know it all, that's wriong I just wanted to increase my skils which am happy about. HEENCE the reason I did it.

The guy who taught me does it for a living the class even went to the resturant he'd done, so you we shouldn't always believe what others say.

fluff said:
Well I did the 10 Day Venetian course at that place in Essex, what an enjoyable steep learning curve I had, as for render systems rolling it up walls I think not some howw. I have had loads of work since because you do loads of area ceilings and walls. being doing solid for years and believe me this stuff is the nuts. The difference is with a lot of solid spreaders out there we tend to jump onboard later because we all seem to know it all, that's wriong I just wanted to increase my skils which am happy about. HEENCE the reason I did it.

the reason you use a roller is to get the pitted effect... if you know another way then pray tell

Thats if you want the drag effect. It's called intonichino. Course then fine then dragged then waxed. For a pure venetian effect highly polioshed use min 3 coat Venetian, careful on drying times. Thx

£950 WTF, Dick Turpin wasn't that harsh, get on the Mike Wye website, you dont need them clowns.

Oh and dont believe the "theres loads of work out there doing it" - someone else said that about his courses, flexible cement or something, gonna take the world by storm.. yawn

i got to say boy's and girl's

i been plastering for 8 years now
i did the venetian course, 5 months ago, at essex romford i really enjoy it best thing i did!
they where very helpfull and i have to say that set up was good for training
i never look back from doing the course.

i done lots of jobs with the venetian now i really enjoy doing it and more people asking for it. i got a couple of walls in a restaurant to do in 8 weeks.
i am looking forward to it. i will make my show peace
and hopefully i get more work from it.
i done bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, it the way you put ur self over and the way u sell yourself wether u get the work or not!
in this day and age u got to a bit differant than the rest of the others plasterers out there in the trade.
i also do lots tiling jobs in hotels this time of year.
i ofter the venetian and show them some boards so they know what they r getting and they love it.
something a bit differant than normal plastering! :)

good luck to u all happy new year.

southlakes said:
i got to say boy's and girl's

i been plastering for 8 years now
i did the venetian course 20 weeks ago, at essex romford i really enjoy it best thing i did!
they where very helpfull and i have to say that set up was good for training
i never look back from doing the course.

i done lots of jobs with the venetian now and more people asking for it. i got a restaurant to do in 8 weeks.
i am looking forward to it. i will make my show peace
and hopefully i get more work from it.
i done bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, it the way you put ur self over and the way u sell yourself wether u get the work or not!
in this day and age u got to a bit differant than the rest of the others plasterers out there in the trade.
i also do lots tiling jobs in hotels this time of year.
i ofter the venetian and show them some boards so they know what they r getting and they love it.
something a bit differant than normal plastering! :)

good luck to u all happy new year.

Well done mate and you fit all this in around your 20 week training courses ;)

i did a coarse bout 4 years ago and when plastering was tight it kept the wages comin in but its not a simple process like some people are suggesting to many things can go wrong with it like my first big job was a pure white bedroom but we went over old walls and after we waxed it yellow stainin appered then we were told we should stain block all old walls and we redone it .was that andy at goldtrowl u did the coarse on ? we get our gear from him nice fellow didnt do his coarse his one is the best one to do though cos he will tell u every thing u need to no and his after service and advice is excellent the people we trained with just showed us how to apply on boards and sent us gear with no info on it in white tubes andy reckoned it was because they rippon us off with cheap acyrlic gear any way vention plaster is becoming poppular its just the price of the gear that scares people off 40 to 50 pms :eek:

The course looks very good and I have seen what they do and I think its very thorught training and is something I have always looked at doing.

Finding work is not going to be a problem if you look in the right places.

The 10 days should give you plenty of practice to get a good standard and learn everything you need to know.

Danny

I am going to lock this topic as I can see hwere its headed

Status
Not open for further replies.