Vegetarian , vegan

Maester

Are any of you vegetarians or vegans? Thinking of becoming one again. I was vegetarian for about five years in my early twenties but lapsed. Are there more options now?

Think square head is vegetarian , what's the motivation to go veggie? Health or an animal cruelty thing? Or something else

Meat!!!!
images.jpeg

Rarely eat meat unless I've killed it or know where it comes from i.e. Not full of steroids etc.
Eat a fair amount of seafood oily fish prawns n shellfish .
Soya n quorn substitutes and plenty of good veg ecologico called here forget what called there.
Made quorn chicken pie yesterday delicious have other half for tonight.
Decent veg curry done right and you don't notice meat missing, bean burgers etc .
Using veg water to soak pulses overnight no waste of goodness.
Once eating healthy your body reacts to any s**t you try and eat and stops craving junk food .
Reading instructions off pkts and putting in the microwave or oven is not cooking .

Often wonder how we'd feel driving past fields of wired in humans watching babies pulled away from mothers as delicacies .
Chinese eat dogs n cats and kill them in barbaric ways and we condemn this as it's not on our menus but as long as what we eat is packaged nicely we really don't care or think of the life it was.

I liked the post but obviously didn't like it if you know what I mean

There bred to be killed for meat!! Circle of life and they make it look nice in the packets!!! Yum yum(y)

Me and the wife talk quite often about going vegetarian as we watched those sort of vids before and it makes you sick but not made the jump yet

When I was a kid thirty odd years ago, we used to slaughter our own pigs or just buy it in live. Knock it on the head then stab it on the neck, process the meat, make sausages and black pudding kinda things, bacon, smoked ham etc. Used to start at 4-5am by 6am most were pissed drunk, drinking and slaughtering always went hand in hand. Same with poultry and alikes. Them days are gone sadly.
Mate have a good fry up, you might change your mind (y)

I only eat steak when I am out as I dont trust chicken or much else really.

If we have bought it and jane cooked it then I will eat most things but when we eat out I am fussy as I have had food poisoning more than once. I dont eat rice or pasta either when I am out :D

I dont re heat anything now either

When I was a kid thirty odd years ago, we used to slaughter our own pigs or just buy it in live. Knock it on the head then stab it on the neck, process the meat, make sausages and black pudding kinda things, bacon, smoked ham etc. Used to start at 4-5am by 6am most were pissed drunk, drinking and slaughtering always went hand in hand. Same with poultry and alikes. Them days are gone sadly.
Mate have a good fry up, you might change your mind (y)

I think that is the way it should be done... but mass production does not allow it

We often get Pheasant that I have to deal with which was grim the first time but now it does not bother me. I also do a lot of fishing in the summer and we catch prawns off the beach a lot :D

the royals have a lot of trouble with peasants.

i was driving along the other day and saw a dead badger on the grass verge down in caldy. someone must have ran it over but it looked in good condition. and someone had placed it on the verge. i was going to stop and get a photo but there were loads of cars behind me. anyway i went to the gym for a couple of hours and on my way home later it was gone. someone must have taken it to eat as roadkill. thats okay. when you see them like that it brings it into focus. if we had to kill animals to eat them i think half of us would be vegetarian

i was driving along the other day and saw a dead badger on the grass verge down in caldy. someone must have ran it over but it looked in good condition. and someone had placed it on the verge. i was going to stop and get a photo but there were loads of cars behind me. anyway i went to the gym for a couple of hours and on my way home later it was gone. someone must have taken it to eat as roadkill. thats okay. when you see them like that it brings it into focus. if we had to kill animals to eat them i think half of us would be vegetarian

Yeah I think so but I also think it needs to be part of a balanced diet

My lurcher Oscar eats anything like roadkill or even if it's still alive. Turns your stomach trying to wrestle dead carcasses out of his mouth on a walk. Oscar is the big lump at the front. Only 12month old to ffs
20170430_193446_001.jpg

If we have bought it and jane cooked it then I will eat most things but when we eat out I am fussy as I have had food poisoning more than once. I dont eat rice or pasta either when I am out :D

I thought you were one of those secret reviewer type people that spy on restaurants and blackmail them to not give bad reviews

Must be fun in your house :coffe:

i dont know about veggie but i need to overhaul my diet....about 10 coffees per day, 2 maybe 3 takeaways a week....dont know where to start though, look at the healthy reciepes online and most of it looks horrible

i dont know about veggie but i need to overhaul my diet....about 10 coffees per day, 2 maybe 3 takeaways a week....dont know where to start though, look at the healthy reciepes online and most of it looks horrible

I think the trick is to make small subtle changes over time as that will give you a better chance of sticking to it