Vans? Are they all total rubbish?

Members online

Hi mate logged on for the plaster chat didn't really expect em to kick off with "bloody site agents shining a torch down the wall" some things never change

received_2914484055541109.jpeg

Think we have a contender.... have some work to do but it has had all the work done and is rust free

I have bought at both end of the spectrum. Buying brand new bikes are expensive to keep on the road so I dont bother with new anymore.

My last few skip cars have been scrappers and they have been good cars. Cheap reliable and when they are finished I just scrap or strip them.

I think I am going stick with looking for a combo
Stay away from Vauxhall’s. There s**t

For the last 7 years I have had "skip cars" I fold the seats down and destroy them, using them for all teh crap jobs and so seeing as our house purchase is nearly done a van would be handy for lugging a bit more shite about.

I bought a combo about 8 maybe 10 days ago and since then I have been fixing faults. It was a cheapo van and I expect to do repairs and what not but today while I was meant to be on a beach with my family I was underneath trying fix and I decided that I had bought a lemon.

But broken engine mounts, oil leaks, crank sensors, remote locking not working etc etc etc...

The garage claimed they had done a cambelt and after all the other stuff I did a bit of searching and from my opinion and the 3 other people who were there with me agreed the belt had not been changed. which is hard to prove and unless you physically see someone fitting a belt its hard otherwise.

I dont mind tinkering but literally all week I have been messing about.

The van was sold as seen but I was not standing for that and after a lot of arguing my money was returned... Thankfully the consumer rights act is on my side... They did try charging me 50p a mile which I was not having none of.

Anyway...

So my search for another van is on... but everything seems absolute garbage...

I try and avoid french...

Fords rot and the VW caddy has massive injector problems...

I don't actually need it for plastering and to be honest the only reason I use a van is for moving my bees about and home projects... I may do the odd job here or there etc but not enough to warrant spending huge amounts..

SO what do you drive and how reliable is it?

had the vw t4 for 18+years totally reliable throughout /blew a pipe on steering rack in the lakes 2 yrs ago
had to get AA back to scotland/shes in for welding for mot at the mo but no complaint at all for a 21 year old van

Bought a new Renault Trafic in 02 and still got it, not seen a garage since warranty run out except for mot, done any repairs myself. Will keep it aslong as I can.
Had a Tragic for about 5 years too, had a replacement turbo under warranty after 6 months which took 6 WEEKS to source, because under warranty they only fit recon turbos but couldn't find one so I got a new one. Been sweet van since though touch wood. That's fcuked it..

had the vw t4 for 18+years totally reliable throughout /blew a pipe on steering rack in the lakes 2 yrs ago
had to get AA back to scotland/shes in for welding for mot at the mo but no complaint at all for a 21 year old van
I've spent over a grand on my twenty-two year old Mazda truck over the last year. No complaints whatsoever, been a great vehicle.
I bet if I were to buy another new vehicle tomorrow it wouldn't last twenty-two years.

I've spent over a grand on my twenty-two year old Mazda truck over the last year. No complaints whatsoever, been a great vehicle.
I bet if I were to buy another new vehicle tomorrow it wouldn't last twenty-two years.
agree with you think im lookin at 1500 but can live with that to get her back /you wont be fishing today will you fckin cold up here

I rem
I bet if I were to buy another new vehicle tomorrow it wouldn't last twenty-two year
I remember it mate !! And the guys out the gang !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-174427.png
    Screenshot_20220205-174427.png
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 104
Got a taxi home to my parents house with a young blonde and she was in a state of shock at the sight of the sooty van in the drive. I never saw her again. Shallow bitch.