Vans? Are they all total rubbish?

I have a vivaro from new,out of warranty,turbo went just before Xmas,35000 miles done. Van has been nothing but grief.
Aint buying another one.

Is that a new (well, 6 year old now) shape?

I would think so my turbos went @26,000 then 2000 miles later.

Those bi-sexual engines do seem an overly complicated setup. No doubt some emissions/fuel economy drivel to stop Eskimos getting wet feet.

5CD45B0F-3B3A-4D86-9209-54184B343C3B.jpeg

Get one with dents from the auction @Danny
Transit mid roof
£2450 Inc vat and commission
25000m
No mot
Ex council school bus full service history
54 plate
Changed V5 left 6 seats
£150 welding
Sailed through last 2 mots
I'm gonna run it into the ground lol
1614098018488329104880560894809.jpg

Those bi-sexual engines do seem an overly complicated setup. No doubt some emissions/fuel economy drivel to stop Eskimos getting wet feet.
1.6 litre engine.
Bit much to ask that engine to pull over 3 ton laden.
The new trafic has a 2.0 engine now.
A mate of mine has just bought one 170 odd bhp and auto too.

Went and looked at a land rover today... it was a little f**k*d but not as bad as it could be...

or do I just buy a crap pug

Is that a new (well, 6 year old now) shape?
Yes,,,,I don't do much mileage,consider myself a decent driver,not a ripper of engines,but a expensive repair for such a low mileage 35000 miles lifetime for a turbo is ridiculous. 2 mates have vivaros newer models than mine and they have multiple issues,gearbox,clutch sticking,humming noises etc,,,

f**k**g amazing, had van back for a few days and now turbo is sounding like it’s waving the white flag! Thank fook for eBay.

On a positive note, may at least be ‘getting dirty’ one weekend soon.

Last edited:
Had transits, got sick of size (domestics, parking etc) so bought a Caddy maxi, custom retro rack for sheets, beads in downpipe through plastic bulkhead into ceiling shelf. Use Forte diesel cleaner to keep injectors from sticking. Beautiful to drive, get around town in, black with alloys, 66 plate bought last October for 9.5K + vat, wish I'd done this years ago.

Had transits, got sick of size (domestics, parking etc) so bought a Caddy maxi, custom retro rack for sheets, beads in downpipe through plastic bulkhead into ceiling shelf. Use Forte diesel cleaner to keep injectors from sticking. Beautiful to drive, get around town in, black with alloys, 66 plate bought last October for 9.5K + vat, wish I'd done this years ago.

I don't think I'd cope with a small van as they're so low down. I used a motorbike for 10 years commuting, then went self-employed 12 years ago and have had medium vans since then.

I’ve been looking for a combo/crew cab. Difficult though as I like the transit/T5/6 size but you lose a huge amount of load space.
Go to a crafter sprinter crew and you’ve got a big clumsy oaf of a van. There isn’t really a perfect combo.