Vandalised

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

Just done a front of a 3 storey house smooth render on thursday turned out quite nice :) and all we had to do on friday was the heads and reveals so thought we had a cushty day planned nice half day finish for a friday ;) anyway turned up friday morning to find the whole front been attacked with scratches all over it and in big writing PRICK it was obvious it had been done on purpose :( the owner phoned the police and took loads of pictures before we could start anything. Turns out this job was taken on by another gang of spreads but there was some dispute and the other gang was thrown off the site, so he thinks it probably has something to do with them, this has now effected us as we were gonna get paid for the completed job but now he has only part paid us and wants us to redo it back to a smooth finish which means SBR splatter slurry rebead everything then topcoat, but with extra pay which is fine but its now going into time that we were supposed to be starting another job, we tried to convince him to have it tyrolean finish but he wasnt to keen on that. This is the first time i have come across this sort of thing i have heard storys of spreads saying they didnt get paid so they got the hammer out and started hacking there work off but when its some one elses work that is just bang out of order :mad:

very unlucky mate, i would ask to be paid in full then arrange to patch/ re-do the work. with the credit crunch around sheff alot of firms are trying to get away with murder, they wont pay you if they see any reason not to.
i have been on a student accomadation job doin 11 hours a day + sat mornin was due £818 after tax did i get that much, did i fook.

i was paid 100 sort.

i am not a expert on this but is their no contract signed like saying they should pay you after work is complete.

soul distroying, you must of been fecking tampin.

also just wondering what a splatter slurry was

plus not sure what tyrolean finsh looks like can anyone add a picture cheers

well the vandalism is nothing to do with you mate, i think you should be paid in full for the work, then if he wants it redoing he can pay you again...i wouldnt want to fall into the trap of him just payin you the origional price plus 'a little bit extra' i.e. a days extra money for 3 days work...
one one hand the dickheads who did it have got you more work, on the other hand its not up to you to shoulder the added cost...
ill agree its bad style of em, they were prolly jealous of your work mate!!

in fact theres absolutely no reason why he shouldt pay you in full, any less is headin for a piss take...id be tempted to help the guy out a bit should he immediately shell out, definately not if he withheld my money cos of some fight he's got with some pikeys...

He seems like a realy genuine honest bloke whos had a bit of bad luck and is gonna pay to have it redone, we have set it up to top coat for tomorrow so fingers crossed it will all work out fine. Only trouble is how do i charge him for his missfortune in total we priced it 1400 for the front to be done in 3 coats he has paid us a grand and is gonna settle up when we have completed, i told him it was gonna be around 600 more to top coat but my partner have told me its not enough, the blokes going through a hard enough time without having to fork out a load more money its only gonna be a day and a half more so thought it was resonable, he also wants us to do his garden walls on the back of the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.