Utter dissgrace!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
Went to see a job tonight for a kitchen company who use me as their plasterer. This is'nt just any kitchen comapany in fact its better than an M&S kitchen company.

Their prices start at £40 grand and often go well above, they recently installed one at the bosses mates house for £120 grand <-----thats at mates rates

As we were chatting in the kitchen with the tiller and spark and contracts manager, I noticed they had had the living room skimmed allready.

As we were leaving the house owner asked for a minute of my time. he said can you give your opinion of this plastering we have just had done. Turns out they had had the whole house done

Well to say it was shlt is an understatement. It looked like it had been spat on the wall and troweld up with a sack full of hedgehogs.

Yeah this has panned out nice for me cos I'm gonna be doing the kitchen plus a full house re-skim too

but

My point is everytime someone does a plss poor job for someone it drags the name of our entire proffesion down.

If you cant do it then dont even try!

the wheat is finally being sorted from the chaff mate, my local rag had 10 plasterers in 6 months ago, now theres only 2 and im not one of em!
probably find that as the 'recession' starts to lift, people will return to their old jobs cleaning windows and selling vacuum cleaners having realised plastering is hard bloody graft and not as easy as it looks but youll always get the odd one who thinks he's sh't hot..
thats been me for years ;D

del said:
Was there a van outside the job with richard brown on it? ;D

Funnily enough...........................:0

As it happens I found out the firms name and have emailed them to see what they have to say about it

I swear to go 3 coats of woodchip still wouldnt sort out one of the ceilings!

i wouldnt know which way to take it either theyve got you in to finish the job after the other lads creamed it or they want you to have a look and reskim the lot ???

spunky said:
i wouldnt know which way to take it either theyve got you in to finish the job after the other lads creamed it or they want you to have a look and reskim the lot ???

Yeah he wants it re-doing, and he knows I'm good as I'm part of this kitchen companies team.

He is just haveing the battle of having payed a grand allready and I want 2 grand to sort it back out.

You would of thought if he can afford a 40k+ kitchen he could afford a decent plasterer.
Saying that a Florist local to me was plastered by a local pastering firm and the finish is horrendous.
Trowel lines everywhere. Even the window reveals look like they have been finished with a brush!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.