Using SBR in mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washing up liquid is a surfactant and is a fantastic air entrainer making a fluffy creamy mix. surfactants are common additives for cement based mixes most manufactured air entraining additives are surfactant based.

As for slurries i wouldnt recommend using neat sbr anyway the ideal slurry would be 50/50 sbr-water 1 cement and 1 sharp aggregate either sand or glass keep substrates damp not wet and work on the slurry whilst still tacky

This is similar to what the Unibond spec was for outdoor use when they launched their eva (water proof pva) in the early 80,s at £25 for 5litres. 1:1 water & eva mixed with 1:1 sharp sand & cement. I did a job in 84 next to a main road and often gets soaked and it's still there today.

I have..............It just brings THIS thread up!!!!!:-0

:RpS_tongue: and a few others, cheers wozza :RpS_thumbsup:

Didnt want to get involved in this again but i will, under a microscope the bubbles in , lets call it fairy liquid are irregular sizes against Febmix lets say where all the bubbles are the same size this creates different size air pockets in the Fairy morter causing it to break down in time which ive seen to many times also on the side of a Fairy bottle there are no instuctions on how much to add to a S&C morter mix and Febmix is cheaper so why would you use something not designed for the job on something as important as morter.
What about keeping ya hands "soft, soft, soft".......:RpS_thumbup:

Probably wont do that either. It contains sodium laureth sulphate, a very strong detergent and skin irritant.

PMSL i was on about the fairy liquid keeping ya hands soft, like on the telly advert Danny.......:RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.