using depth guides to divide large walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

trowelhead

Is it practically possible to get a seamless joint by using plaster depth guides to divide large walls for skimming with a trowel?

I need to divide the walls because of a hand tendon injury which means I can't do more than 12m sq. a day. Also, the skim plaster here in France (Lutece 2000L) goes off a bit quicker than Multi finish.

I'm planning on doing both sides of the divided wall on the same day, so I can blend the line in if it is practical.

Thanks in advance for your advice :RpS_cool:

just put some scrim tape where you want to stop the set, then pull it off after the second trowel and ill leave you a decent line to work to on the next hit.

It's not because you haven't got a clue then
are you referring to me...? Why would I ask these questions on a forum if I 'had a clue' in the first place?! I'm renovating our own place, saving a bit of money in the process. The 2 walls I've tackled look pretty good and quite flat after some practice.

trowelhead,the only way to plaster a house in france the 'british way' is to take your own gear out there(plaster,beads) boards / sand cement /timber buy over there. frence plaster is shite,bloody shite.

ive just done my own in normandy(well,last year) and took all plaster and beads over

Is it practically possible to get a seamless joint by using plaster depth guides to divide large walls for skimming with a trowel?

I need to divide the walls because of a hand tendon injury which means I can't do more than 12m sq. a day. Also, the skim plaster here in France (Lutece 2000L) goes off a bit quicker than Multi finish.

I'm planning on doing both sides of the divided wall on the same day, so I can blend the line in if it is practical.

Thanks in advance for your advice :RpS_cool:

12m sq is quite precise!

trowelhead,the only way to plaster a house in france the 'british way' is to take your own gear out there(plaster,beads) boards / sand cement /timber buy over there. frence plaster is shite,bloody shite.

ive just done my own in normandy(well,last year) and took all plaster and beads over

yeah----i been taking uk plaster and beads for my place.. french neighbours well impressed with smooth finish!!!

yeah----i been taking uk plaster and beads for my place.. french neighbours well impressed with smooth finish!!!

spunky,the french plaster what i used was a load of shite,we ran out off multi,went to the local merchents and got a bag,can't remember what it was called,but it went off like a bitch.

marti,aye we had french plumber and leccy,they were rubbing there hands over the walls and saying "oooooo,it is smooth,very good,i like" in that hello hello voice :).

i noticed most of the work over there was new build,most of the old farmhouses and barns were being bought by brits. ALL the plaster was just metel stud/boarded and then that jointing s**t and sanded down

I take plaster from here too , but why take boards? Can't see the point in that you can get them out there similar price.

Lutece 2000c goes off quicker than lutece 2000L:RpS_wink:

agree nisus

boards in 2.5 /2.7 / and 13.mm don't know why the different sizes to ours as made by same co....

glad i got a proper board lifter

Yeah all taped edge though.
10mm & 13mm
Never seen 6x3 or 8x3 though all 1.2 x 2.5 or longer

I take plaster from here too , but why take boards? Can't see the point in that you can get them out there similar price.

Lutece 2000c goes off quicker than lutece 2000L:RpS_wink:
thats why i said "boards / sand cement /timber buy over there". ;), you not read or what ;)

What do they tend to use on bigger new builds and commercial stuff or is it mainly tape jointed?

What do they tend to use on bigger new builds and commercial stuff or is it mainly tape jointed?

every new build i saw was metal stud,boarded and taped,and all the outsides were rendered(sprayed on then floated)

but that was just around mine,but i saw it all through normandy driving through

thats why i said "boards / sand cement /timber buy over there". ;), you not read or what ;)

Yeah i can read, and this is what i read highlighted below and that's as far as i read.
No coma or false stop tut tut:-0
and what is frence plaster is it a new product?:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah i can read, and this is what i read highlighted below and that's as far as i read.
No coma or false stop tut tut:-0
and what is frence plaster is it a new product?:RpS_thumbup:

:RpS_laugh:you know what i meant,you just being bitchy:RpS_sneaky:not all of us went school and listened you know,if i did id be a fooking doctor:RpS_laugh:

wicks sell them plastering metel strips for plastering depth may help you. Our boards are more in line with the old feet and inches 4x3 and 8x4 .

wicks sell them plastering metel strips for plastering depth may help you. Our boards are more in line with the old feet and inches 4x3 and 8x4 .

what are they,plaster stop beads you mean?

im not being funny by the way,i really don't know what a plaster depth guide is

depth guides are for render. u stick them on every 6ft or so and plumb them with each other, then all u do is fill in between and rule off them

:RpS_laugh:you know what i meant,you just being bitchy:RpS_sneaky:not all of us went school and listened you know,if i did id be a fooking doctor:RpS_laugh:

Not being bitchy mate just havin a larf.:RpS_wink:
And I didn't listen at school either,, mind you i was hardly there :RpS_biggrin:

cant help thinking why has board finish never took off there, has anyone ever seen it for sale, or are their trades men not familiar with it.

probably because multi finish goes over everything and saves the pain in the arse .......whats a ******* plaster depth bead for fucks sake are they stop beeds or something a bit fancy

depth guides are for render. u stick them on every 6ft or so and plumb them with each other, then all u do is fill in between and rule off them
oooooo,ok,why not just screed then rule every 6ft then fill in. saves taking them out after then patching.:RpS_thumbup:

and the chap said he was using for skimming,be a bit fooking thick for skimming:RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.