usa

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclemo

Private Member
has anyone worked at plastering in the usa. have mates there. might go and do a mouths work. in the new year.

one of the boys worked out in florida doing EIFS there was loads of work out there at the time not sure now tho.

they have some good skim there called diamond veneer i used some here in oz its just like the BG multi finish if not better

It's a whole new game over there, the heat for a start, we worked during the night (swimming pools) but the Mexicans didn't mind the heat at all!!!! Work for fun they do..

is there anywhere nice in the world where people from neighbouring poor countries havent ruined plastering?

i have worked in north carolina doing eifs and boston doing the same and exterior stucco went in on holiday visas stated 89 days then home before the deadline

is there anywhere nice in the world where people from neighbouring poor countries havent ruined plastering?

you will probably find the place you are looking for where the rich country hasnt dominated and pillaged the country next to it making it poor in the first place lol

They call it mudding out there, I've worked out there as a sparky and they seem to drywall and tape and joint everything. Getting a work visa is like rocking horse sh!t. If you do go out there don't take your tools with you as they will send you back on the next plane. Buy your tools when your there that's if you can find any work there.

The United States are facing a double dip as are Canada, but the Canadian immigration are still saying they are short of certain trades folks? Probably just dangling carrots so their government department doesn't start laying off.

One thing I did notice though when I was there later on last year, is that plasterers tools are more resonably priced even in Home Depot. Which looks identicle to B&Q except the only difference is the sign. The price figures are almost the same as over here except the pound sign is taken away and a dollar sign is there. In Canada they have a dollar sign but the figures are higher than what they are over here.

Anyway mate I hope that you get out there and experience the good old US, its a great place to visit and to work rest and play. The people are great to get on with and the hospitallity is good as well.

They call it mudding out there, I've worked out there as a sparky and they seem to drywall and tape and joint everything. Getting a work visa is like rocking horse sh!t. If you do go out there don't take your tools with you as they will send you back on the next plane. Buy your tools when your there that's if you can find any work there.

The United States are facing a double dip as are Canada, but the Canadian immigration are still saying they are short of certain trades folks? Probably just dangling carrots so their government department doesn't start laying off.

One thing I did notice though when I was there later on last year, is that plasterers tools are more resonably priced even in Home Depot. Which looks identicle to B&Q except the only difference is the sign. The price figures are almost the same as over here except the pound sign is taken away and a dollar sign is there. In Canada they have a dollar sign but the figures are higher than what they are over here.

Anyway mate I hope that you get out there and experience the good old US, its a great place to visit and to work rest and play. The people are great to get on with and the hospitallity is good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.