Update - work around York to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a good spread tomorrow/tuesday in Wetherby, there's roughly 50m2 to go at - various ceilings and walls dotdab/rough/skim. £7.50 for dobdab/rough & skim. £4 for skim only.
If you can make Wetherby for 8am drop me a text.
Cheers
Chris

Ex BG Quality Manager said:
Need a good spread tomorrow/tuesday in Wetherby, there's roughly 50m2 to go at - various ceilings and walls dotdab/rough/skim. £7.50 for dobdab/rough & skim. £4 for skim only.
If you can make Wetherby for 8am drop me a text - cash job.
Cheers
Chris

There you go lads someone offering cash in the hand ;) ;) could it be a tax man trap... if not then BG man is leaving himself open to investigation... I mean fancy offering cash jobs on here... does this guy not know that we dont do cash jobs... its all above board with UTR no, CSCS, Liability Insurances, Employers Liability Insurance, we have to pay our accountants, we have vans to service, we have family to feed and cloth... and this guy has the audasity to offer cash?... has he never heard of the tax man and what happens if you ever ever get caught for accepting cash? bl oody hung drawn and quartered

;D ;D
Leave the tax man to me Steve!! It's all covered!! The job is for a tax accountant, so I wouldn't have too many worries about things being above board!!!

Just goes to show how thick some people are... how can things be above board? a tax consultant paying cash? what would the plasterer do with the cash once he has recieved it? put it in his pocket and not declare it? your on very dodgy ground here mate and i dont give a t oss if your an EX BG Salesman you are actually promoting fiddling the tax man... it doesnt work mate... or does your tax accountant have an agreement with the HMRC whereas he doesnt pay a penny tax... all his earnings are tax free... thus allowing him to pay tax free money to stupid workers? who may not tell the tax man? who then finds out about 1 tax free, cash in the hand job and investigates them over the past 10 years, demanding 50k in back tax for not declaring and cash job he may or may not have done....
PS why are you ex BG... get the push for fiddling....? ? ?

Cheers
Chris
::)
i can do 50m2 roughly :p

merlin said:
Cheers
Chris
::)
i can do 50m2 roughly :p
50 m2 x £4.00 = £200.00 mind you its cash in the hand mate... no tax to pay on this nice little earner eh??? nod nod wink wink... i bet there are bloody loads of spreads turning up at 8am just for the chance to get one over the tax man. ;) :D :D

Point taken steve, I've removed the cash reference - it was never intended to indicate anything underhand - only that you will be paid cash in exchange for an invoice and it is then your own responsibility to declare and pay your taxes (and my responsibility to declare and pay my taxes).
As well as needing to see your Insurance documentation (which goes without saying), I will of course be expecting to be backed up with method statements, risk assessments, aspect & impact assessments, waste carriers licensing and transfer declaration notices, msds and coshh assessments for the materials you use, ladders inspected/tagged and finally of course all electrical equipment to be used on the job will have an up to to date PAT test certificate. I could go on but things may start to get a bit technical..

I left BG after spending 10 yrs as a legal professional for the company and got bored penpushing - for your information!!

;D ;D ;D

Point taken steve, I've removed the cash reference - it was never intended to indicate anything underhand - only that you will be paid cash in exchange for an invoice and it is then your own responsibility to declare and pay your taxes (and my responsibility to declare and pay my taxes).
As well as needing to see your Insurance documentation (which goes without saying), I will of course be expecting to be backed up with method statements, risk assessments, aspect & impact assessments, waste carriers licensing and transfer declaration notices, msds and coshh assessments for the materials you use, ladders inspected/tagged and finally of course all electrical equipment to be used on the job will have an up to to date PAT test certificate. I could go on but things may start to get a bit technical..

I left BG after spending 10 yrs as a legal professional for the company and got bored penpushing - for your information!!

Hey mate... just trying to keep things in perspective... if you have never been investigated then you are a very lucky person... I have been in the past... and even though i thought i was squeaky clean and above board the sods nailed me for 1000's (working abroad etc) as for all the above risk assessments etc they will not be a problem but you should be paying top rates

Re: Update - work around York to Leeds (confused )

Dot & Dab plasterboard @ £7.50 per metre

Or is that Dot and Dab + skim @ £7.50 per metre

Rough & skim ie float & set @ 7.50 per metre

Skim only @ £4.00 per metre

If that's right I do the skimming for £4.00 per metre and someone else can float up and stick plasterboard for £3.50 per metre

render you can get paid cash its still legal tender ???...........perhaps bg's paying cash because obviously its a one off job ................ who said anything about not declaring it?

spunky said:
render you can get paid cash its still legal tender ???...........perhaps bg's paying cash because obviously its a one off job ................ who said anything about not declaring it?

dont get him started, he'll have another website soon explaining it all!

Just get in there and fill yer boots...and mattress!!!

Money talks, money talks, dirty cash i want you, dirty cash ineed you!! yeah! 8)

All that over the guy offering some work, do i get the feeling someone is jealous and not getting any work them selfs?
as said chris id of done the work but got other jobs on let me know if you have anything in a few weeks and ill be there

ollie said:
All that over the guy offering some work, do i get the feeling someone is jealous and not getting any work them selfs?
as said chris id of done the work but got other jobs on let me know if you have anything in a few weeks and ill be there

I havent got a car and I live in Dorset but I walk fast tho

Is this a wind up or what ???

irish_spread said:
ollie said:

I havent got a car and I live in Dorset but I walk fast tho

Is this a wind up or what ???

No the guy is a fast walker i was walkin to a job the other week and he got there 3 hours before me and done all the big walls the t**t :)

Status
Not open for further replies.