unusual tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

over the years as mentioned on a previous thread I have been give tips, 10.00/20.00 quid, a bible, cat food ,can of beer, binoculars, bottles of whisky/wine, etc etc but this week I was working for somebody who gave me 14 tins fray bentos steak and kidney pies, had one, but not for me so gave them to salvation army foodbank, any more unusual tips out there

Mate of mine was given a piano, which he later sold on eBay for 200 sheets. Which I found abit of a piisser as I about broke my back helping him pick it up.

I was given a trailer (not really a tip, they wanted rid of it) comes in really handy for collecting sand for small render jobs. Refurbed a pub once and was given the the bottle fridges as they didn't fit into new bar layout, sold them for £400 :RpS_thumbsup:

Mate of mine was given a piano, which he later sold on eBay for 200 sheets. Which I found abit of a piisser as I about broke my back helping him pick it up.
I was on a job years ago where there was a skinny set of stairs on a steep hillside that just kept going and going. These led out of their basement all the way up to their driveway. In their basement was a grand piano that they wanted to get rid of, they called the Salvation Army and yes they wanted it they sent out a couple of guys to get it and it's like no way we're taking this up those skinny ass stairs. The owners tried to get any of the crew there to take it off their hands, same thing how do you get it up the stairs? The general contractor ended up chainsawing the piano into pieces and then loading it up into the dumpster.

Brand new all dance all singing has BBQ. Skimmed his full house and was out the back admiring his BBQ and he went and bought me one, got a photo somewhere.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1394919357.986111.jpg

I know how much everyone loves there photos on here.

It was skipped straight after photo. Served me well that wee bbq, 30 quid or something out of b and q.

I want to set up a smoker this year Steve, I'll be hitting you for some advice soon :RpS_biggrin:

Google ugly drum smoker. can make your own dirt cheap and be as creative as you like. I will be making one once Ive moved house as I haven't got enough room for a gas bbq and a smoker.

I got given some Bayonets and a Samauri Sword. just before xmas, it was my mates Dads house, i overborded a ceiling that was damaged. The old boy had recently passed away, he was given a huge stash of simmilar stuff from a old neighbour years ago.When my mate was showing me the Bayonets he dropped one and it just missed his foot.

not a tip... but wanted our back decking, fairly big area, anyway got landscaper out I;d done a job for, and he said, he would supply and fit the decking if i skimmed him a wall, the wall was about 2 m2 onto new boards... WTF......

Had quite a few over the years from sheds to greenhouses and a car, 6ft aquarium, antique china, furniture and a Persian rug, an artist I did work for gave me a painting years ago which is now worth a few bob, but my favourite is still a slab of booze and cold hard cash .

Got offered a tortoise once, declined the offer though.

Shoulda had it...they are worth a fortune.

I was on a job and mentioned my battery drill was knackered.
The bloke went out to get the money for the job and came back with a brand new Hitachi cordless drill me. He even gave me the receipt in case it packed up.

Thought I'd probably forget about it when it went into hibernation. Don't want a dead tortoise on my conscience

We had a tortoise and while it was in the loft my dad passed away. mum obviously had more important things on her mind and completely forgot about it. until we could smell it....

I was given a modified racing snail, old boy had it's shell removed to improve the aerodynamics, didn't work though if anything it made it more sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.