Unprepeared walls.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I charge £150 a day regardless so if they want me stripping paper its £150.if it only takes me 1/2 a day its £150 why should i lose 1/2 a days money cos they cant be arsed to prep.i also charge for removing rubbish or they can tip after all its their rubbish.get a price for all your materials +,add some to cover fuel.what you want per day calc how many days then add an extra incase.

I charge £150 a day regardless so if they want me stripping paper its £150.if it only takes me 1/2 a day its £150 why should i lose 1/2 a days money cos they cant be arsed to prep.i also charge for removing rubbish or they can tip after all its their rubbish.get a price for all your materials +,add some to cover fuel.what you want per day calc how many days then add an extra incase.

Thats it i add fuel, removal of materials etc.

Barre plaster ive got to start adding more for hidden eventualities.

Ive made a mistake with this but its still early, and will make up any loses through pricing for plaster.

Give them a price for skimming it based on the walls being in good condition underneath (advise them at this stage there may be extra work at additional cost if the walls are found to be in poor condition)

Give them a fixed cost for removal of dado and door frame. (advise there may be some patching at additional cost)

Give them an hourly cost with estimated time to complete for wallpaper removal.

If they decide to remove the wallpaper themselves, get the work booked in on your skimming price and then pop round just before you start to check the walls, advise them of any additional works at this point.

Keep them updated with cost at all times.

Then get them to sign saying that you fully explained everything, and that they understood all the aspects of the works tendered for and that they understand fully that there may be additional costs , cos this job is only going one way otherwise

Then get them to sign saying that you fully explained everything, and that they understood all the aspects of the works tendered for and that they understand fully that there may be additional costs , cos this job is only going one way otherwise

Thats the one thing ive never done,to get them to sign for the estimate.I walk it through with them explaining each step of the prep work.

jc best thing to do mate is dont return to this thread because once they are on your back they wont get off,

your other thread should get plenty of attention too :RpS_biggrin:

jc best thing to do mate is dont return to this thread because once they are on your back they wont get off,

your other thread should get plenty of attention too :RpS_biggrin:

No with all seriousness i appreciate the wealth of experience here, i dont mind getting kicked around a bit for that pleasure hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.