unibonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

can anybody explain why when rendering with waterproofer in the mix over a background eg concrete with no suction as you have got to unibond or sbr for key the waterproofer dont seem to work as the render coat seems to create excessive suction when dry i therefore have to unibond the new render to control the suction for dashing i emailed cementone twice for answers with no reply

ruddez said:
can anybody explain why when rendering with waterproofer in the mix over a background eg concrete with no suction as you have got to unibond or sbr for key the waterproofer dont seem to work as the render coat seems to create excessive suction when dry i therefore have to unibond the new render to control the suction for dashing i emailed cementone twice for answers with no reply

ok to start with unibond outside is a big no no as it becomes live when dampened down .now sbr mixed with cement and applying your 1st coat when tacky is a different story it will kill suction and give your render a good hold > but if you are in need of something to go over the likes ofsmooth concrete i would sudjest the likes of render aid it offers all of the above but also gives you a better key .and also water proofer has to be used correctly in order to work correctly none of this 2 splashes Carrie on

Status
Not open for further replies.