uni finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donzo

Pallet number 2 of uni finish nearly wiped out in bq,yet I have never seen anyone with this gear on their trolley.over £11 per bag yet most guys on here say it's the dogs b.
Who is buying it.
I have still not tried it.scared it will shatter off.

Pallet number 2 of uni finish nearly wiped out in bq,yet I have never seen anyone with this gear on their trolley.over £11 per bag yet most guys on here say it's the dogs b.
Who is buying it.
I have still not tried it.scared it will shatter off.
Who says it's good?

I see it in b&q Bedford today £8.33 probably less through trade point, I'll pick some up and give it a go I think.

Comes in handy over shiny paint and that's about it.... unpainted walls will suck the life out of it.... you will end up throwing water at it and scrubbing it with a brush .... caught me out big style. ..

Comes in handy over shiny paint and that's about it.... unpainted walls will suck the life out of it.... you will end up throwing water at it and scrubbing it with a brush .... caught me out big style. ..

Just using pva over unpainted walls also pulls in very quick,so I'd expect that anyway

Just using pva over unpainted walls also pulls in very quick,so I'd expect that anyway
I know but this product is supposed to be ok for high suction .... so crazing and having to leather it with water and scrub it with a brush to get the lines out just isn't on....

I know but this product is supposed to be ok for high suction .... so crazing and having to leather it with water and scrub it with a brush to get the lines out just isn't on....

To be fair you would of known straight away that it was pulling in quick so to get a wriggle on and not put more than needed on to get a quick turnaround, when it's pulling in that quick I always put less on than I was going to and just use the same mix for 2nd coat.

To be fair you would of known straight away that it was pulling in quick so to get a wriggle on and not put more than needed on to get a quick turnaround, when it's pulling in that quick I always put less on than I was going to and just use the same mix for 2nd coat.[/QUO
To be fair you would of known straight away that it was pulling in quick so to get a wriggle on and not put more than needed on to get a quick turnaround, when it's pulling in that quick I always put less on than I was going to and just use the same mix for 2nd coat.
i have done the same bud but the whole point of the gear is supposed to make life easier........... and that it does not...

The whole point is you do not need to use pva, it doesn't say it makes plastering any easier

But if I plaster a wall and it crazies obviously it does need pva.......................... so I am of the same opinion as 90% of the people on here who have used it that it is shite....

But if I plaster a wall and it crazies obviously it does need pva.......................... so I am of the same opinion as 90% of the people on here who have used it that it is shite....
I don't get your point, if you use pva and multi it does the same thing, uni finish just does away with the need to pva, suction will always vary on different backgrounds that's plastering.

It's not rocket science. .. I pva the night before, pva before I unload my tools on the morning of the job..... I obviously have some walls that have higher suction but not to the point it crazies and is on the brink of coming off. My point is uni - finish is going to be practically double the cost of multi ànd until you start to spread it on the wall you don't know how it's going to suck, with pva it indicates the suction...

It's not rocket science. .. I pva the night before, pva before I unload my tools on the morning of the job..... I obviously have some walls that have higher suction but not to the point it crazies and is on the brink of coming off. My point is uni - finish is going to be practically double the cost of multi ànd until you start to spread it on the wall you don't know how it's going to suck, with pva it indicates the suction...

So you have one room to skim, are you saying you price up to rock up the day before to sheet up and pva ?

I used a few bags of uni finish to do a bathroom last week with all different backgrounds silk paint, bonding, bare one coat and it actually turnt out alright? It was really fine but no body to it, was alright to spread? I left it longer between trowels than i do on multi and it all troweled up like normal? Not convinced yet but no complaints either?

its not meant for high suction :) Think it says that on the bag :) Good over painted walls but I would not use it over anything that might suck :)

I used a few bags of uni finish to do a bathroom last week with all different backgrounds silk paint, bonding, bare one coat and it actually turnt out alright? It was really fine but no body to it, was alright to spread? I left it longer between trowels than i do on multi and it all troweled up like normal? Not convinced yet but no complaints either?

I have had a few walls go really well... but had 2 that did me up like a kipper... came out ok in the end but I was broken

Status
Not open for further replies.