UNEVEN WALL

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianw

ALRIGHT GENTS. IVE GOT AN UNEVEN WALL THAT NEEDS SORTING. I THOUGHT I COULD DOT DAB IT OR PVA AND BOND.WHICH IS THE PREFERED METHOD,CHEERS.

Different situations demand different fixes, but I'd try to opt for dabbing as its quicker cleaner and easier generally.

adrianw said:
ALRIGHT GENTS. IVE GOT AN UNEVEN WALL THAT NEEDS SORTING. I THOUGHT I COULD DOT DAB IT OR PVA AND BOND.WHICH IS THE PREFERED METHOD,CHEERS.
dot and dab wall easier and cheaper . find high spots and work off them easy mate

NO PICS AS YET BUT SHE SAYS IT BOWS OUT AT THE TOP.SHE HUNG A PICTURE UP AND IT WASNT TOUCHING THE WALL AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

adrianw said:
NO PICS AS YET BUT SHE SAYS IT BOWS OUT AT THE TOP.SHE HUNG A PICTURE UP AND IT WASNT TOUCHING THE WALL AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Stop typing in capitals its painfull to read

Adrian if u dont know the answer to this basic question.
DONT DO THE JOB!!! BECUASE ITS MEANS YOUR NOT COMPETANT AND WILL MOST PROBABLY FCK IT UP.

ha ha if you put capitals between letters you can spell what you like e.g c.u.n.t. or w.a.n.k.e.r ;)

When wanting advice it is not advised to rub people up the wrong way! In answer to your question dot and dab it

adrianw said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN,I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PLASTERING FORUM NOT AN ENGLISH LESSON.

I didnt attempt to correct any English, I was just pointing out it looks shlt.

Theres a reason why things are the way they are thats all.

If you use bonding, no need to pva, just dampen with water. As a novice you'll find it easier to get a better finish with boards. Take your level and measure the diference between top and bottom.

Thanks lewisricekrispy.If it were your job how would you do it ? I've rendered my mates garage so the bonding isn't a problem.

lewisricekrispy said:
If you use bonding, no need to pva, just dampen with water. As a novice you'll find it easier to get a better finish with boards. Take your level and measure the diference between top and bottom.

b*ll***s itll suck the life out of the adhesive or bonding coat and blow you need to at least pva or gypbond

Never had a problem from not pvaing bonding, but if you wanna it's down to you. I'd probably go for dot'n'dab unless they requested useing undercoat plaster. It's quicker and less messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.