Uneven joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryT

hi fellas.

I'm a decorator by trade so be gentle .

Customer has recently had top half of walls in room replastered.
Joint between existing lower render and new top half work has left quite an uneven ridged join.
Has anyone any suggestions how to even out the joints before wall covering goes on.
I thought of laying on a coat of Gyproc easifill to try and even out the uneveness but never used it before or know if it's even a good idea.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers to all
Gerry

Wtf replaster half the walls???.
Easi fill is your best option give it a mist coat first then fill it itll be easier to rub down that way.
You must normally follow me if you've never had to use easy fill.;)
Welcome by the way.
Also did you actually try doing the skimming :rolleyes:

Thanks BigK and Scottie.

No, I didn't do the skimming and they had the top half of the walls recently replastered because it was an old Vicky house with lime/haired plaster.
Bottom half had already been rendered a couple of years ago when a new damp proof had been injected, so they only hacked a meter or so up.
They then had the top half replastered a few weeks back because they removed wall covering themselves and bits started coming away .
I've seen better plastering, but I'm sure with my own meagre plastering skills I could have done it better.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Cheers

Thanks BigK and Scottie.

No, I didn't do the skimming and they had the top half of the walls recently replastered because it was an old Vicky house with lime/haired plaster.
Bottom half had already been rendered a couple of years ago when a new damp proof had been injected, so they only hacked a meter or so up.
They then had the top half replastered a few weeks back because they removed wall covering themselves and bits started coming away .
I've seen better plastering, but I'm sure with my own meagre plastering skills I could have done it better.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Cheers
Welcome mate. What is the going rate for painters on day rate

Hate doing patches... but feathering them in is not rocket science for a spread. ... easifill is your friend and if it's that bad skim it all in together :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies lads, much appreciated.

Laziness springs to mind CT as to why they didn't skim whole wall.

Clemo, it varies quite a lot depending on the work and prep required etc.
But if you're just talking about painting only, then about £160 a day.
But that's a ball park figure .

Cheers again lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.