Unemployable

What have inland revenue records got to do with it? Even if it were possible for a company to access them you'd be on to a winner. The compensation payout for the company, the individual at the company, and whoever released the records at HMRC breaking the law would mean you'd live quite comfortably without working.
If they whant check you out one way other they will. By the way you should being lawyer not a plaster

If they whant check you out one way other they will. By the way you should being lawyer not a plaster

HMRC can't release any information about you to a company or anyone else beyond your tax code.

On the wider point of getting found out, sure if he was looking to get a job as CEO of Glaxo Smith Kline then they'd check everything they could (still can't access tax history though). For the job knocking together picture frames that @richyrich was interviewed for it wouldn't go beyond a basic CRB check if that.

BS on a CV or interview is just a way to cut out other BS. You can either do a job or you can't, and I would suggest that anyone with a full set of limbs and basic hand skills should be able to staple gun and glue picture frames.

Fancy having to stay somewhere till 5 o clock and answering to some jumped up fooker! Were you going? McDonald’s mate il be back in a hour or so :ROFLMAO: Think I get sacked in first day lol

HMRC can't release any information about you to a company or anyone else beyond your tax code.

On the wider point of getting found out, sure if he was looking to get a job as CEO of Glaxo Smith Kline then they'd check everything they could (still can't access tax history though). For the job knocking together picture frames that @richyrich was interviewed for it wouldn't go beyond a basic CRB check if that.

BS on a CV or interview is just a way to cut out other BS. You can either do a job or you can't, and I would suggest that anyone with a full set of limbs and basic hand skills should be able to staple gun and glue picture frames.
Il agree to disagree your geting to complicated for me lol. One thing you can't get away whith much these days I'm out

Il agree to disagree your geting to complicated for me lol. One thing you can't get away whith much these days I'm out
Legal or not , your and companies info is on line , my misses always checks potential employees , uses my Facebook to look lol
Let's face it , looking at how easily @richyrich was dismissed , would he not be better off out of it anyway

They would know when they come to make his 1st paye payment from previous tax code etc wouldnt they?

It would work like this.

Joe Bloggs is currently self employed and has been for the last 5 years. All records available, no BS, all OK.

Joe Bloggs gives BS job on the cards with [insert name of company no longer trading] and was employed by them for 5 years prior to being self employed. No records, no contacts, no tax info available, no affect on current or future tax code. Most importantly NO WAY for anyone to check if it was true or not. If you think about it, why would they?

Prior to that you can use self-eployment, or another BS company then self employment before that.

If you leave the BS for a second, think how that works if you genuinely had a job on the cards with a company which is no longer trading. It could be complete BS, only you know if it's true or not.

When we came back from travelling jane applied at mcdonalds for a job while we got our lives back together and they refused her as she was too intelligent.... basically the manager doing the interview felt that Jane would have his job in a heartbeat :D

It would work like this.

Joe Bloggs is currently self employed and has been for the last 5 years. All records available, no BS, all OK.

Joe Bloggs gives BS job on the cards with [insert name of company no longer trading] and was employed by them for 5 years prior to being self employed. No records, no contacts, no tax info available, no affect on current or future tax code. Most importantly NO WAY for anyone to check if it was true or not. If you think about it, why would they?

Prior to that you can use self-eployment, or another BS company then self employment before that.

If you leave the BS for a second, think how that works if you genuinely had a job on the cards with a company which is no longer trading. It could be complete BS, only you know if it's true or not.

Jesus id never remember all that!

Just criminal record to blag about now!

If you mentioned the declining health
Is why You finished plastering
That is the reason right their as unemployable
Unless you apply for a government job lol

After 30 years on the trowel and declining health I made a decision to look for employment in something a bit easier, I went for an interview for a job banging picture frames together this morning, dead easy job.
Well fook me if in the interview I was told because I had worked for myself all my life I have made myself unemployable :confused:
So what then? Hang up tools and do f all for the rest of my life! I've got another 25 year left until retirement
Sorry to hear that good luck with the job hunting.

Arturitus bad in shoulders and lower back, took 30 years to do it though, I had a good run but can't do it forever
I was gonna say maybe just price every single quote at double or even triple what you normally would and do two days a week as the answer to carry on

I recon ive only got 5 years left if im honest this year ive massivley slowed down.

I think my heads going to go 1st though just havent got the motivation anymore.

Trouble is im genuinley unemployable for various reasons so god knows what id do!

I recon ive only got 5 years left if im honest this year ive massivley slowed down.

I think my heads going to go 1st though just havent got the motivation anymore.

Trouble is im genuinley unemployable for various reasons so god knows what id do!
Same here apart from the unemployable bit. Took dogs to have there hair cut. Young lass who.s just started . Only 15 quid and before anyone says owt . Hand on heart I like to support any young local person trying to make a go of it. She done a good job so I.ll stick with her when her prices go up. Anyway price can go to 25 to 30 a dog.

Took her about a hour a dog as I just had em clipped note special. So say 7 hours 5 dogs 150 quid . Back garden . Only out goings water and bit of electric . Not bad number

Same here apart from the unemployable bit. Took dogs to have there hair cut. Young lass who.s just started . Only 15 quid and before anyone says owt . Hand on heart I like to support any young local person trying to make a go of it. She done a good job so I.ll stick with her when her prices go up. Anyway price can go to 25 to 30 a dog.

Took her about a hour a dog as I just had em clipped note special. So say 7 hours 5 dogs 150 quid . Back garden . Only out goings water and bit of electric . Not bad number

Thing is like most things im sure it dont work like that people think same bout plasterers how wrong are they well in south yorkshire anyway!

Thing is like most things im sure it dont work like that people think same bout plasterers how wrong are they well in south yorkshire anyway!
Ones I know are allways busy .
Bloody dog walkers. 8 to 10 per hour . You see em with 10 f**k**g dogs

I'd imagine the insurance would be a killer on that. Public liability, then professional insurance in case she shears the ear off of some £5k fur ball.

The problem is everything now is all HR departments that want solid work history that can be verified by another HR department. I've had two on the books jobs since serving my time everything else has been self employed what chance have you got.

I genuinley think id like to work with young lads/lasses that have had a bad start in life but have no idea where you would begin in terms of a job.

I have alot to be greatful to plastering for its paid my mortgage and kept the wolves from the door and given me an opportunity in life i never expected but fuvk me it takes its toll over the years!

I genuinley think id like to work with young lads/lasses that have had a bad start in life but have no idea where you would begin in terms of a job.

I have alot to be greatful to plastering for its paid my mortgage and kept the wolves from the door and given me an opportunity in life i never expected but fuvk me it takes its toll over the years!
You ....

And kids.

Working together lol.

I.d pay to see that lol

You start by volunteering.

They then fix you up with the network and courses that you need.

After 30 years on the trowel and declining health I made a decision to look for employment in something a bit easier, I went for an interview for a job banging picture frames together this morning, dead easy job.
Well fook me if in the interview I was told because I had worked for myself all my life I have made myself unemployable :confused:
So what then? Hang up tools and do f all for the rest of my life! I've got another 25 year left until retirement
Cornice work mate ! High end workmanship and easy on the bones , plus its revered these days and the older you are the more seriously your taken . Imo

Reactions: s61