under cut meself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

i had no work on for this week when i got a call last week so i gave a quote over the phone for a 7x4 artex celing and a small wall area to be skimmed .. i needed it and it was an hour drive.. i said £195 inc mats iv just been down b&q got some bonding agent from wix and have spent £45 on mats leave me with £150 - 20% = £120

a hard days work for nout wot was i finkin i gota leave at 7.30am! and iv been graftin all week and dnt need the job as im booked out for 3 weeks now !...

swings and roundabouts!

wot would you have said a good price over the phone would be? on ya own, hour drive and ARTEX!!

Small ceiling +small wall = 1 set 2 hours 3 max+ 2 hours travel = £120 in the hand that s ok in these times.
you gotta always work son even if you dont need it becuse tommorow could be a different day.just put it by if you dont spend it in 3 months invest in new kit.stay ahead of the game!

7x4 is 28 metres..
thats not a 'small ceiling' in my book..
wheres your 45 quid gone?
3 1/2 bags tops, 15 quid max
i tend now to only use bonding agent if lack of suction is gonna give me a heaqdache, otherwise its pva..
1/2 tub max, fiver max..
3 beads max if theres a window in the wall.. 3 quid max..
23 quid..
hour there and an hour back? 80 miles? 12 quid deisel?
still only 35 quid..
anyway, no worries, rough with the smooth and all that..
i'd prolly have said 200 - 220 cos of the drive and goin in blind..
goin in blind aint a good idea on artex though.. its a risk, they can be loose flaky and basically dropping off when you get there..
still... hours drive to quote and not get it...
and at least you can get home tomorrow night and go down the pub and have a good moan knowing youve made some money this week.. ;D

£120 is better than nothing it will lead to other work as they will recomend you to their friends and neighbours and you can creep your price up on the next job.

Status
Not open for further replies.