Ultimate plastic trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a lot of domestic over the last few months so havent bothered with it. the job im on atm is ideal but i havent picked up the other pipes from my lockup yet

when you trowel up after laying on they work great especially round sockets etc. As the material gets harder you notice a few marks apearing and you cant be arsed to pick up the marshalltown again cos it feels so heavy

Hi sprinter here. New to the forum. Plasterer of 30 years. Always looking for anything to make the job easier. Was not happy with the finish that steel or s steel trowels were leaving on the mp knauf finish so tried the plastic trowels from refina, have to say they were very good. Used in the last two trowels, flattened in beautifully. Will be using plastic from now on.

Hello sprinter are you one or two coating it and using a sponge or not I've never used knave finish cheers mate

have to say with the plastics unless the gear is very wet theyre a pain coz they wont take any ridges/lumps out

i reckon you goto use youre steel to lay it down then straight back on it with the plastic.
hey sprinter r u spraying it on

whats your method when using them? i got one a few months back but just couldnt get on with it. i think i might try it again but flatten with the steel first.

I used it on the final dry trowel and it just glided with out resistance and gave a good finish when its still slightly greasy.

have a play with them it's best when its picked up, best thing is when it's still greasy you can get a polish on it

see when i tried it i found i didnt finish any quicker so thats why i wasnt that impressed with them. might have to dig them out

I haven't got one yet but I am definitely going to get one probably go for the 20" as I am only going to use it on the final trowel.

these trowels are they the perspex ones? ive seen someone using one,but only to line out.Is there any point of them?

I use it to flatten in then finish after I laid the second coat on.... I not used mine much.... I think I have skimmed 12 walls since 2009 but its easy and for me thats all that matters :)

Danny

right. although this has been said a few times i dont think im getting it lol. i found them fine for a last polish, although didnt really see the point as a steel does similar. other then that, i found they dont trowel the gear as flat as a steel. oven tho it doesnt leave hollows it kinda waves over small lumps etc which show when painted. i did a room a while back that i painted after and it looked bang on when skimmed but had a few shadows when painted. that was using it from as soon as i had 2nd coated. and as i cant see the point on usuing it just for a final trowel, that only leaves once its been layed down. so at that point, what is the point in them? lol

right. although this has been said a few times i dont think im getting it lol. i found them fine for a last polish, although didnt really see the point as a steel does similar. other then that, i found they dont trowel the gear as flat as a steel. oven tho it doesnt leave hollows it kinda waves over small lumps etc which show when painted. i did a room a while back that i painted after and it looked bang on when skimmed but had a few shadows when painted. that was using it from as soon as i had 2nd coated. and as i cant see the point on usuing it just for a final trowel, that only leaves once its been layed down. so at that point, what is the point in them? lol

lol maybe you need to lay the coats on neater.....lol :RpS_scared:

You want to catch it slightly greasy on the final trowel my trowel doesn't leave the finish a plastic does can't speak for the rest of the fraternity

I'm thinkin flatten first with steel. That takes the lines out then finish with plastic. I'll try it as soon as I've found them again lol

I'm thinkin flatten first with steel. That takes the lines out then finish with plastic. I'll try it as soon as I've found them again lol

lol maybe you need to lay the coats on neater.....lol :RpS_scared:

how dare you!!!

i had a go today strangly enough, and not out of choice. my wooden handle on my skimmer was a little bit loose and kept squeeking and was doing my head in. gave it a little tighten in the middle of a hit and sheared the bolt. so had to no more nails the handle back on and got out the plastic lol. my old skimmer is rusted to s**t and i didnt have time to clean it up. and i still tought afterwards that the plastic doesnt leave it as flat as a steel. i will have another go, but im struggling to be convinced

how dare you!!!

i had a go today strangly enough, and not out of choice. my wooden handle on my skimmer was a little bit loose and kept squeeking and was doing my head in. gave it a little tighten in the middle of a hit and sheared the bolt. so had to no more nails the handle back on and got out the plastic lol. my old skimmer is rusted to s**t and i didnt have time to clean it up. and i still tought afterwards that the plastic doesnt leave it as flat as a steel. i will have another go, but im struggling to be convinced

lol :)

I might have another go tomorrow on mine.... We'll see how the day goes yet i cant promise that its the trowel making the waves in my case as I am gonna be a bit like your old skimmer... a little rusty :)

We shall see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.