uk trade federation

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads been approached by the uk trade federation to become one of there approved tradesman there is a cost of £349 per year and thay say thay can give you about 3 work leads a week is any of you lads part of the federation and dos it work for you would like to find out what your thoughts are many thanks

if they could do that why not charge per proper lead 350 quid is peanuts for 3 leads a week what £2.25 a lead cant see it my self can you.unless they just give you random builders names

hi rock no peaple ring them asking for trades in there area that are approved and thay giv the persons name to u , then u ring the customer thay also promis to give no more then 3 trades the name of the customer giving u a 1 in 3 chance to win the job u do have to go though vetting and thay do check with 4 of your customers and thay can also turn up at your job site to check on your work just wanted to know if any one else is part of it and how do thay rate it

they have phoned me before & called there bluff you give me 3 leads 4/ 2 weeks if i get work off them then i will up front no messin blanked if they say what they can do wats it 2 them its okay spendin money on advertisen only if you earn it back speant £800 last year & i havent earnd it back you have got 2 be cearfull where you spend your money dont put all your eggs in one basket :RpS_thumbup:

Unless the general public know about these companies I cant see it working to be honest

I could think of better ways to spend £300

Danny

Ask them to draw up a contract wherebye if they cannot provide at least two leads per week they are in breach and you will get your money back and see what they do. Bet they tell u to sod off.

Spend the £300 on a website. Or if you already have one keep it in your pocket

Ask them to draw up a contract wherebye if they cannot provide at least two leads per week they are in breach and you will get your money back and see what they do. Bet they tell u to sod off.

Spend the £300 on a website. Or if you already have one keep it in your pocket

good advise matey

I'd second what windy said, however should you wish to, the questions i'd be asking would be;
1, How many other plasters do they already have on there books in your area.
2. Ask them to provide a dozen or so names of people you can phone to obtain verbal references, to back up there claims of 3 or more leads a week.

Remember these people work on commission, they are prone to tell ya what you want to hear!

the easiest way to look at it is how many people on here have heard of the uk trade federation? i for one havent and it seems not many others have. if not many tradesmen know about it what are the chances of the public knowing about it

Good point Steve. :RpS_thumbup:
Does anybody actually use agencies? I always thought they were just a bunch of thieving tw4ts akin to estate agents.

hi all thank you all for the comments with this was working with a plasterer today and ran though things with him he has been running around for 25 years in the trade and has never heard of them when i spoke with them thay did say that thay could ony hav 6 of each trade in one area but like said if no one has heard of them in the trade then the chances of members of the public no about then so to finish this thred off will keep my hard earned cash so thanks again for the help lads

Its a con .... I get calls everyday from wankers like this promising you this and that for just a one off payment. I got done last year to the tune of about £500 ... I still call them to this day and abuse them when I have had a bad day

Status
Not open for further replies.