Tyzack Trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack88

looking to get back on with a tyzack after i had my nicked about a year ago...worked with these marshaltowns for a while now and even with them nicely warn in i still prefer the old tyzacks....any suppliers, ideally Tyzack themselves that anyone can link me to would be greatley appreciated as i've searched with no joy....most places online sell the cheap spear and jackson tyzacks which are not what i'm after...many thanks in advance!!!

I've been through the Tyzack website and they sent us to Spear & Jackson via Neill Tools. I'd love a Centenary double tang but they discontinued them (along with a load of other stuff like their best selling brickies trowels etc.)

They are going to look at our last two Tyzacks that broke as they said "..next time he (the rep) does his visit (to the store we bough them from) and we can get our quality to check them.

Apart from yours im not aware of these been faulty."

Well 4 out of 5 breaking in the same way (just acquired the 5th as a replacement) isn't a coincidence..

Seems spear & jackson bought out tyzack some time back , and what you know see in the shops now is a pale reflection on what was once a top notch trowel , old school tyzacks had there logo embeded into the tang as a lasting sign of quality which is now re-placed by a sticker , they are still around but you have to look for them , if you want a trowel longer than the standard tyzack 11inch look for there " premier range " probably the last desent trowel they made
p.s that would be the wooden handle type :RpS_cool:

Last edited:
The ones that broke all had the Manx legs engraved into the front - the older ones were more carved. Doubt I'll be using anything else for a while as we have 3 replacements and I've started using one. When they go I'll try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.