Tyzac trowels

Members online

Hi chaps can anyone recommend a decent carbon steel Tyzac trowel , I’ve always had Marshalltown & a few Nelas etc , but out of curiosity I’d like to give one a try , I heard they used to be a good trowel back in the 80s but not sure if that’s the case now or not ? Thx

Tyzac. Ss broken in 13"or14" great trowel just got one , amazon £28 quid. As I've said before quality trowel for the money. Need to break it in on some s and c.

Was it like this the one you purchased ?

Attachments

• D48E20B1-E6E4-4B50-8A16-5EB969276861.png
    D48E20B1-E6E4-4B50-8A16-5EB969276861.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
Not a lot really to be honest but I want to by a new trowel for wearing in anyway i thought I might purchase the tyzac as probably like a lot of plasterers we have a favourite trowel . The one on the left of the image is 2nd trowel or final trowel , the other one is for laying down 1st troweling . I’ve got a few Nelas also but no good for bonding out or sand cement etc

Attachments

• 70F66923-8639-4A91-BAD4-95563302BD4D.jpeg
    70F66923-8639-4A91-BAD4-95563302BD4D.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 145
Not a lot really to be honest but I want to by a new trowel for wearing in anyway i thought I might purchase the tyzac as probably like a lot of plasterers we have a favourite trowel . The one on the left of the image is 2nd trowel or final trowel , the other one is for laying down 1st troweling . I’ve got a few Nelas also but no good for bonding out or sand cement etc
Trying to work out which is left?

Hi chaps can anyone recommend a decent carbon steel Tyzac trowel , I’ve always had Marshalltown & a few Nelas etc , but out of curiosity I’d like to give one a try , I heard they used to be a good trowel back in the 80s but not sure if that’s the case now or not ? Thx
Nowhere near as good as they were 40/50 years ago! It’s all I use to use in the 80s, and my old man that’s all he ever used too , not used one now for a long long time

Stick to marshaltown tyzac are a bit heavier and less flexible I have a few tyzac’s and being honest they never leave the van

Ok appreciate your honesty with that comment, think it my swerve me in the way of another Marshalltown, if it’s not broke don’t fix it .... Thx

I’ve got a 13” &14” Tyzac - bought about six yr ago. They are narrower than a MT, decent enough but nothing like the original Tyzac - I had two in the 90’s when I started, lovely wooden handles they had and the carbon steel was sweet, made in Sheffield - i laboured for an Irish firm at the time and the old boy had me oil and wrap them each night.

indeed the old tyzacks were made in Sheffield real quality trowel , but not anymore the new ones are made under the spear and jackson banner , no where near the old school steel , ive allways been a mt extralite man and allways will , but the guys i laboured for were tyzack men , "WHAT do the yanks know about plastering "? Was there cry too the marshalltown users .