Tyrolene vertical crack repair

Members online

Samui13

I live in a 1940s house and the external walls have had a Tyrolene finish applied to them. Where the masonry walls meet the bay window on the 1st floor there is a vertical crack which I am guessing is down to temperature movement where the 2 different materials meet and expand and contract at different rates. The tyrolene has been on the house since we purchased 22 years ago and all other walls are crack free and have expansion joints installed where required.
My question is: What would be the best material to fill the gap with? If my thought of expansion rates are correct then would a polysulphide mastic be best? The problem that this would cause is that it would actually not blend in with the black and white of the Tyrolene, and would actually highlight the crack. The crack is about 5mm wide. The other option would be to fill the joint with something like a waterproof tile grout which is of similar colour to the Tyrolene.

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_121116.jpg
    IMG_20201028_121116.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 212
Looks like render to brickwork (where the arrows are) then the same tender to a n other element between the bay windows - not structural just different substraights - should of had a movement joint...

It is not easy to repair and make go away after many years weathering

I’m not a spread... sure someone with more experience will be along soon - as a dash finish looking for a Scottish or west coast Renderer really

Colour some silicone as good a match you can , fill crack and press some stolen grits on top to match

Them bricks on the bay normally have a straight joint a lot of the times an just move out slightly telling you now thats what going on 100%

Looks like render to brickwork (where the arrows are) then the same tender to a n other element between the bay windows - not structural just different substraights - should of had a movement joint...

It is not easy to repair and make go away after many years weathering

I’m not a spread... sure someone with more experience will be along soon - as a dash finish looking for a Scottish or west coast Renderer really