Tyrolean render??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spread1

hi I have a new extension to render sounds like tyrolean finish, (only seen drawings of job and going on what the builder is telling me about finish to existing)
I have never done tyrolean finish so am turning to plasterers forum for help and advice,
Am I right in doing a standard 2 coat sand and cement finish before I apply the tyrolean?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for reply is there a particular tyrolean you would recommend? And does it all come coloured?
Cheers again

weber Cullamix. In a few colours. You may need to order it in.

Last edited:

remember going to hire shop as needed tyrolean gun to patch in on job some 20 yrs ago and being handed one of these :sorprendido3::risas2:thought it was something he knocked up out the back while i was waiting lol, please tell me things have changed :popcorn:

still got mine - Genuine Tyrol green gun - did hundreds of houses in the past, believe it or not used to enjoy Tyroleaning,
find it worked best - if the background render was high suction, especially if it included lime :rock:

Thought it may have advanced to hopper with spray gun n compressor by now. They spray some shoite hereon interior walls "temple" i believe pronounced templay kind of spains answer to woodchip wallpaper Is lime putty sprayed heavy or light to cover shoite walls.

I have done s**t loads of Tyroleaning,rigsby advise spot on but I like the little Italian flickers they are light and you can control them very easy and there cheap. My dad had always used the big green ones but he also prefers the little ones now. But it depends what finish you require if it's a fine finish (wet mix) then the little Italian one all the way for me :)

I had one of those, didnt last long, bit flimbsy.... lot lighter tho, always filling em up... cheap tho..

Yes there are some cheaper ones around but the Italian ones that I've got are better built. And yes cassie always filling up but I bet I could do a gable quicker and neater with less mess and not break a sweat than the big original green ones :)

not sure if the one I had was italian, little chrome looking thing, about 25 quid... defo nicer to the left shoulder than the Tyrol.....

Probably cheaper copy, I bought about 4 or 5 of the Italian ones between 3 of us,can't remember how much they were (£40 ish)but they are still good ish to use bought about 12 year back.

Status
Not open for further replies.