Tyrolean over painted render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan12

Alright chaps, went to a job the other day and the owner has painted flat render on his house probably 5 years old. Whoever did the original rendering did a shite job and it looks terrible.
so the guy wants me to tryolean over the existing with preferably a coloured finish...is there anything on the market I could roll on the wall to form a bond to tryolean over or do you guys know anyways around it. Thanks Alan
also the owner is open to suggestions on different finishes if you know of any without knocking the lot of thanks

i did a tyrolean job over paint back in 1988 for a tight fisted Colonial cousin on a local chippy and it is still there today!

He had put some ordinary pva over the paint and I sprayed it over two days in early October.

As said it needs suction but you will not get any so you will have to have time on your hands on this job and do a couple of sprays one day and another couple the next. There are bonding agents that might work such as Plastprime x, Everbuild RendaGrip, Micrgobetis etc. Apply one of these and spray over.

back of your lath hammer to remove any loose paint , sbr & cement slurry , tyrolean whilst still tacky. done this to large hotel on near Torquay seafront about 10 year ago (not that long I know) done this many times and never had a comeback and I always , always give a 10 day guarantee ,,, sometimes even 2 weeks .

That parinter sounds good stuff, how much per bag is it? Can't seem to find any stockist around blackpool area

back of your lath hammer to remove any loose paint , sbr & cement slurry , tyrolean whilst still tacky. done this to large hotel on near Torquay seafront about 10 year ago (not that long I know) done this many times and never had a comeback and I always , always give a 10 day guarantee ,,, sometimes even 2 weeks .

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a similar job coming up - just round a bay window to tyrolean but onto paint. Going to PVA it and go from there.

Most of the paints come off, won't take much to take the rest off. Sounds like it'll be best to slurry it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.