Tyrolean ... Float or devil float?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Got speaking to another spread and he said he doesn't waste time rubbing sand & cement flat when it getting sprayed, i have always rubbed it up flat ...

Not sure if its good or bad ... Would the figure eights show through the spray?

I have never used a devil float for tyrol and due to nature of the product cannot see why you would need too.

we rub up the render with a float, i spray the same day with the render material mixed up wet, i spray lightly. then they can paint it what ever colour they want.as cullamix has now got so few colours to choose from.

I have only ever used cullamix. I devil float and Allow the top coat to dry for a couple of days. The key does not grin through. I can understand why malc tops the same day when mixing his own tyro but I wouldn't fancy doing it when using prebagged as I think it may stop the base drying out and cause the tyro to shell off

Last edited:
if i was spraying cullamix i would have extra lime in the backing, i would paint the render to give it a colour wash, then spray lightly. but i have not done that since cullamix stopped most of the colour range.

I have only ever used cullamix. I devil float and Allow the top coat to dry for a couple of days. The key does not grin through. I can understand why malc tops the same day when mixing his own tyro but I wouldn't fancy doing it when using prebagged as I think it may stop the base drying out and cause the tyro to shell off

Does it take a bit more spray with it being scratched? or the normal 3 passes ....

How come you devil float it? ... i've never known it to be before tyrolean.

Does it still leave as good a finish? ...

No it leaves a **** finish but I still do it.

Thats how boss did it so thats how ive always done it.

Fair enough ...

Surely it don't leave a wank finish, or you'd stop doing it lol

Thinking of giving it a go on this job, but not got confidence in it ....... Yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.