Types of angle bead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

When would you use the wider mesh edge over the thin metal non mesh type?

Any general rules of thumb?

Thin metal is for use over board and expanded mesh is for thicker coats of plaster. DSCF3543.jpg

I generally screw it in when you are going over wood framing, that way you can back out a screw if you need to make any adjustments. If I'm matching into an existing wall I use a straight edge to make sure the corner will end up on the same wall plane, and also use a 6' level on both sides of the bead to keep it plumb. And as mentioned above for greater depth you squeeze the flanges of the bead closer together. I've encountered a few circumstances where you really need some extra depth, over here we have some beads that have a double flange.

As a rule we dont plaster onto laths anymore over here loren. Apart from restoration work obviously. We just board any studwork

Pardon my ignorance, but what is floating? I understand skimming but just want to know the difference as I've heard the terms thrown about a lot

As a rule we dont plaster onto laths anymore over here loren. Apart from restoration work obviously. We just board any studwork

If it was a new wall or ceiling they would normally board it over here also. The picture I posted above was a restoration project I just finished and the owners wanted nothing to do with plaster board. Probably part of the reason I got the job. Job I'm starting Wednesday I'm tearing out the old plaster on a ceiling and installing veneer board on it over resilient channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.