twitcher??

Members online

Lmwplastering

Bloke I'm working with just asked if I've got a twitcher?
I have no idea what he's talking about
He just gave me a blank look when I said "nah, she's more of a wriggler"

It's like a mini Harling trowel. Way better than the winged corner trowels. Old skool rules

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

its what us southerners call a corner trowel... bet he was rabbiting on about a hand board or something.... :D

From a Plastering book from 1951

I mind my old man using one when I started out...along with paper tape, hand mixing and 50kg bags

Attachments

• IMG_20160219_204406.jpg
    IMG_20160219_204406.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 463
I know it as a twitcher have for years now learnt that from so old boys I knew as a angle trowel til I worked with them same as you gave blank expression but now I call it a twitcher as well

Always been a twitcher!
Whilst on the subject I got a 90 degree one as I thought there would be less pressure on the wings leaving lines.....
What a let down! Had it three months and not found an angle it fits!
95degree one anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been a twitcher!
Whilst on the subject I got a 90 degree one as I thought there would be less pressure on the wings leaving lines.....
95degree one anyone?

I do my wet angles in 2 passes... use the full width of the blade on the left and then on the next pass use the full blade on the right :D

Always been a twitcher!
95degree one anyone?

I've just bought the ragni one its 103 degree will let you know how I get on with it, I've tried them all except this one it has good reviews

Ffs. I'm sick of buying twitchers that I don't get on with.
Used to just try pull edge of wings back on 103* mt
Try to swerve using them until I fing one I love, looks like the ragni won't be it [emoji53]

The ragnis s**t its too stiff and you have to keep bending it in.
103degs is bollox for skim imo.
@BigK Kieran i think your bang on mate 95deg would be somewhere near perfect for plaster.

The ragnis s**t its too stiff and you have to keep bending it in.
103degs is bollox for skim imo.
@BigK Kieran i think your bang on mate 95deg would be somewhere near perfect for plaster.

Maybe @plasterersonestopshop can get us lads a few made now we have identified it lol

Before internal trowels were around we used box trowels. The old boys who taught me called these twitchers.bloody awful things. Bit of a revelation when we started using mt internals.

Twitchers? Corner towels? Anglers?

What's wrong with using a 4" brush and washing the plaster off to the original finish?

Well @Leeroy, how did you get on with your ragni? Just ordered one
Yeah when first used it wasn't too happy, so I bent it to around 95 degrees and little sanding, now it works great and would be better if it was more flexible .but why hasn't someone made the perfect corner trowel

Yeah when first used it wasn't too happy, so I bent it to around 95 degrees and little sanding, now it works great and would be better if it was more flexible .but why hasn't someone made the perfect corner trowel
Bought these little micro twitchers off eBay once, tiny little things and very flexible and were superb. Guy stopped selling them and every b*****d I knew kept nicking mine. Tried making my own version but were always rubbish.

I don't use an angle trowel like that... I do it in 2 passes... one with the wing on one wall then the next pass is with the other wing on the other wall... no corner is ever 90 degree so why try....

I also don't use the angle till the gear as firmed up nice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I don't use an angle trowel like that... I do it in 2 passes... one with the wing on one wall then the next pass is with the other wing on the other wall... no corner is ever 90 degree so why try....

I also don't use the angle till the gear as firmed up nice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Chance of your angles going in and out like that Danny, if someone made a 95 or 97 degree twitcher as Scottie says we'd be in business