Trying to find an average price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvados

Having lost my finisher and his mate after over 20 years, one from illness, one from him wanting a career change, I am now looking to use sub-contract renderers local to any future contract. Whilst I appreciate prices will vary across the country, if I can ask for you all to send me, even if anonymosly, some labour rates for scratch coats, screeds and renders, then hopefully I can get a picture of rates from London to Glasgow and beyond.

Screed would normally be supplied ready mixed. Average 50M2

Walls scratch coat and render approx average 45M2 - normally mixed on site. Let me know preferences.

Any constructive input will be much appreciated. In return if you include an email address, I will send you back the rates on a spread sheet if you are interested.

Regards

Calvados.

Calvados said:
Having lost my finisher and his mate after over 20 years, one from illness, one from him wanting a career change, I am now looking to use sub-contract renderers local to any future contract. Whilst I appreciate prices will vary across the country, if I can ask for you all to send me, even if anonymosly, some labour rates for scratch coats, screeds and renders, then hopefully I can get a picture of rates from London to Glasgow and beyond.

Screed would normally be supplied ready mixed. Average 50M2

Walls scratch coat and render approx average 45M2 - normally mixed on site. Let me know preferences.

Any constructive input will be much appreciated. In return if you include an email address, I will send you back the rates on a spread sheet if you are interested.

Regards

Calvados.

What did your last plasterer charge?

In true Stev cov style I've done some detective work and can confirm he is in fact a swimming pool company from Wolverhampton, elementary.

essexandy said:
In true Stev cov style I've done some detective work and can confirm he is in fact a swimming pool company from Wolverhampton, elementary.

ie my reference ???

warriorupnorth said:
"With this as your standard you shall have victory"

Nice work Mr Green

well done andrew, one day you shall be on my level of working full time as an MI5 spy and a part time plasterer.

that would account for the specific meterage..

why not just a price for the job as whole calvados?

McPlaster said:
Are you conducting a survey? Why not publish results for us all to see, region by region.

If anyone comes back to me with any prices, I will be quite happy to publish them on a regional basis.
To date no one has.
On the matter of me being a swimming pool contractor - quite right. I think I explain that quite fully explained in my intro in the hello pages.
Regards
Calvados

rates vary from company to company or subbie to subbie depending on their individual needs standards and overheads.
And there is always the issue of wether or not you wish to pay for quality work or bodjit and scarper type of workmanship,

My advice would be to send four people a bill of quants and then cross reference them

plasterjfe said:
rates vary from company to company or subbie to subbie depending on their individual needs standards and overheads.
And there is always the issue of wether or not you wish to pay for quality work or bodjit and scarper type of workmanship,

My advice would be to send one person a bill of quants and then cross reference them

here here

irish_spread said:
plasterjfe said:

My advice would be to send one person a bill of quants and then cross reference them

here here

First response is on wall tile fixing NOT mosaic. No one has come back yet with any render or screed prices.

Tile fixing price from a quality tradesman, as verified by an architect. £25m2 labour only inc all tools, cutting etc.

Regards

Tubicle

Calvados said:
irish_spread said:
plasterjfe said:

here here

First response is on wall tile fixing NOT mosaic. No one has come back yet with any render or screed prices.

Tile fixing price from a quality tradesman, as verified by an architect. £25m2 labour only inc all tools, cutting etc.

Regards

Tubicle

So if you have the answer why are you asking?
Just sub it out at that price.

Is the architect giving you rates from his general building costs data? maybe it should be an experienced QS that gives you acurate rates

plasterjfe said:
Calvados said:
irish_spread said:
plasterjfe said:

here here

Regards

Tubicle

So if you have the answer why are you asking?
Just sub it out at that price.

Is the architect giving you rates from his general building costs data? maybe it should be an experienced QS that gives you acurate rates

I DO NOT have the answer. Read what I put- FIRST RESPONSE is on wall tiling NOT render or screed prices, which are what I am looking ofr to try to find variations across the country.

Regards

Calvados.

Status
Not open for further replies.