Trowels

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Right guys I have been plastering for 12 years 9 years on my own full quals, I been reading a lot about plastic trowels and spats does anyone still just use a stainless through the whole set? Does the plastic,speedskim,spats etc only appeal to site workers or domestic side as well

Couldn't see myself using just a s/s trowel from start to finish on a set ever again to be honest ....

Just about adapting your routine for the better imo .... easier on the body and shoulder .... you can trowel up with a plazi no problem if you know how but now I use a s*p*r*lex and just plastic for a quick polish end of set ...

Better way of plastering for me ..... change is good !!!

Couldn't see myself using just a s/s trowel from start to finish on a set ever again to be honest ....

Just about adapting your routine for the better imo .... easier on the body and shoulder .... you can trowel up with a plazi no problem if you know how but now I use a s*p*r*lex and just plastic for a quick polish end of set ...

Better way of plastering for me ..... change is good !!!

Change can be good sometimes, so not to sound like a idiot what is your routine as mine is s/s first coat & flat then 2nd coat then close in then basically trowel up method and end with 2 cross trowels

Same as you but after the 2nd coat flatten with the s/s I use a s*p*r*lex - 2 trowels - next to no water - job done .... polish with the plaza when the plasters gone ...

All backgrounds .... obviously different backgrounds require different timings etc with a s*p*r*lex depending on suction ;)

I find that using my nela for the first flatten after laying in it doesn't want to play seems to ride over it instead of flattening so use my mt for first flatten don't know bout anyone else on this then just fin with nela

do yhou ever post anything sensible '' pardrick ''..lmao..

Larrys gone to bed, sorry

image.jpg
image.jpg

Each to their own, the one is the one that works for you. After not far off 38 yrs the ease of using a speedskim and the nela s*p*r*lex wins me overevery time. For me it's about the quality and the ease of doing the job

Yeah i assume you just use s*p*r*lex at the end trowels got some mates trying to get me on the plasiflex
I like the plasiflex but also like my mt
The plasiflex is great once you get used to it
They just don't last long
And are a bit costly when you start to go through them
That being said I still use it lol

I honestly don't know whats best anymore. I used to have a 13" marshalltown that i used for everything and now i've got a 13 & 14" mt, 14" nela s*p*r*lex, 14" nela premium, 16" refina plastic and a 1600mm speedskim.

I have to throw extra walls on just to use my trowels these days. I'm f**k**g loaded but my backs killing me from carrying my toolbag

Status
Not open for further replies.