Trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty3968

Ok this may seem like a lame question but what would you experienced spreads call a decent trowel? i know Marsheltown seem to be the one ive heard mention the most but what about the likes of Ragni or Silverline? is there much difference apart from bieng pre worn and handle ??
cheers

marshalltown. its a tool that will last you a life time and earn you rakes of money and only cost £40.... no competition in my opinion

theres a reason marshalltown are £40 and silverline are about £4. Ive had refinas and thought they were the best but nothing compares to my marshall town now. except maybe phils tyzack that he got for £4 from b and q, jammy b*****d

hmmm, think it depends on how the handle feels.

started on a marshalltown, been on a tyzack for the last 4 years and it feels really natural. Think the marshalltown handles are too fat for my liking, the trowel felt harder to roll in your palm.

horses for courses, suck it and see - you won't get an objective answer when it comes to trowels..

Cheers...i only use a 11 inch cheap silverline one at the min so i think i will invest in a 14 inch marshalltown ultra lite...or get the missus to get me one for xmas..haa

you can always change your handle - think I might get a wooden one next time and sand it down to make it custom made. I got fairly big hands (and feet ;) but it's the roll of the trowel in your hands that makes the difference. If your trowel don't roll properly you aint gonna get flat finish

Is it easier to get a flat surface with a larger trowel ? seems logical that a bigger surface will create less lines etc..

swings and roundabouts scotty...

some say put on with 11/12/13/14 then flatten in with 18

some say same trowel whole process... its what works for you. A big trowel does put more strain on your joints though.

As ever with plastering everybody id different just try things if it dont work then move on :)

i use a MT 14X4 3/4 SS none permashape for putting on and trowelling up. the permashape is 5" wide and to me it makes a big difference. I had a blast with phils tyzak the other day and its impressive, your right about the handle twitcher. im torn between another MT or a tyzak to start wearing in now i've got my main MT ready

dont use the trowel at the top of this page , its a bricklaying trowel used by brickies :rolleyes)

I got 2 mMarshaltown, and 2 Tyzacks worn well, i can pick up either and feel quite at home with any of them.Its just what you get used too.

hmmm, think it depends on how the handle feels.

started on a marshalltown, been on a tyzack for the last 4 years and it feels really natural. Think the marshalltown handles are too fat for my liking, the trowel felt harder to roll in your palm.

horses for courses, suck it and see - you won't get an objective answer when it comes to trowels..

Luckily I have a fat cock so the handle feels fine

Status
Not open for further replies.