troweling up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro finish

bit of a basic one here,,but its got me thinking..during another thread i posted after flattening in your second coat.
next couple of trowels and your done..which raised a few eyebrows..
now i did do a proper plastering coarse back in the day(97) :-[ 2year gnvq not a 1 wk jobby.
as for troweling we was taught after flatting second coat- wet- wet -dry.
i feel when you gain the experience to be able to get you coats on flat and even this will help when troweling,
over plasterboard i wet then dry over float i wet wet dry..
so what you guys think on this?

pro finish said:
bit of a basic one here,,but its got me thinking..during another thread i posted after flattening in your second coat.
next couple of trowels and your done..which raised a few eyebrows..
now i did do a proper plastering coarse back in the day(97) :-[ 2year gnvq not a 1 wk jobby.
as for troweling we was taught after flatting second coat- wet- wet -dry.
i feel when you gain the experience to be able to get you coats on flat and even this will help when troweling,
over plasterboard i wet then dry over float i wet wet dry..
so what you guys think on this?

Reading that made my eyes go gozy! ;D

(french word) it il make it simples
how many trowels you guys like to do ;D

writing these big old sentences isnt my strong point ::) :D

i very very rarely give it a flatten between coats, i dont need to. if i do is a quick cross trowel while i'm waiting for some stuff. then i give it 1 dry 2 wet and a polish. or if i don't like the customer 1 dry, 2 wet and 6 polishes ;)

iv had loads of customers say i love the look of shiny new plaster can you get it nice smooth and shiny..
::) i then say who is painting it " we are" :D

lewisricekrispy said:
I don't even trowel off anymore, I convince my customers to go for the rustic look

I dont even do that I just use 50 pieces of scrim to stick a bag of scim onto the middle of the wall and tell them its all the rage at the TATE gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.