troweling accident

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
A friend of mine told me that a plasterer he knows well had an accident whilst skimming, the trowel sipped and cut his arm down low, the chippy heard him scream and applied a tourniquet by way of a curtain, the carpenter then took him to the hospital as quick as possible, the guy passed out, got to hospital and got fixed up, he had lost a pint of blood(estimated) and has done nerve damage to his arm localised in two fingers..He was a time served and very experienced spread, a bizarre accident but then I was not there.Hoping he is ok as its his livelihood ....

a mate of mine walked through a door opening as i was troweling up once trowel just missed his nose lol poor sod said he had night mares about it for months

I really hate people walking by me while I am troweling ,unannounced, you could be doing a ceiling or a hallway and they walk on by like as if you are suspended in motion(matrix style) trowels are damn dangerous tools to run into in motion...

fella on a job i was on did walk into a trowel, took a huge chunk out of his head had to put it in a sandwich bag and rush him to hospital

I was doing a silly wee bit of ceiling today and caught the trowel between 2 beams clos together then managed to slice it through my ear as it released itself. Freak accident as well but plenty of blood. Had to wrap half a bog roll round my head to stem the bleeding while I finished trowelling up. Lucky the trowels are sharp, much cleaner cut so better healing time. Still sore now:RpS_thumbdn:

I was doing a silly wee bit of ceiling today and caught the trowel between 2 beams clos together then managed to slice it through my ear as it released itself. Freak accident as well but plenty of blood. Had to wrap half a bog roll round my head to stem the bleeding while I finished trowelling up. Lucky the trowels are sharp, much cleaner cut so better healing time. Still sore now:RpS_thumbdn:
ouch

I caught my hawk on a door lining once and the hawk pushed into my chest I thought I broke a rib bloody hurt

I caught my hawk on a door lining once and the hawk pushed into my chest I thought I broke a rib bloody hurt
Birds of pray can be quite strong if miss handled . Be careful next time or you might get reported to the R.S.P.B.:RpS_thumbup:

Had a few cuts off board blades !!hospital job twice ? but once a labourer we had fell with a razor 5 year old trowel and sliced his chin open !!!doc said 2" further down it would be the jugler vain ........bleed to death in 3 mins !!!!!! be very care full and if you ever fall with a trowel always throw the trowel away from you ...it can be replaced you cant ......

ive had the blade bite the straightedge when cutting board and almost cut me thumb off, but im double ard and only cried for 2 hours.
fell off a bandstand and a ladder almost took me knackers off as i came down lucky my tin of bacca was in my pocket and saved my danglies.
got shot in the arm with a pin gun now i know there only small but they still faacking hurt:RpS_crying: it went in quite deep

....when NOT wearing steel caps, I pulled a lump of set render out of the van once and smashed me big toe bone into four peices. :RpS_confused:

Also fell off some steps and broke me ribs.

Slipped me disc after lifting a bucket full onto a spotboard.

Only had the odd cut or two off the trowel up to now...touch wood.

When i was an apprentice i knocked over a bucket of water and the boss gave me a right telling off and hurt my feelings :RpS_crying:.

hahaha have you recovered now beader??

ive broke my foot dropped a lump of concrete, well i say i dropped it was a 2 man carry jobby and the other person let go, since then i always wear steels.
ive seen someone get there toes cut off wearing steels, a forklift ran over there foot pushing the back of the steel toe down and sliced all his toes off. that one lookd painfull he had to have his boot cut off before they could look at it

seen a fella nail his leg to the floor haha paslode gun with the long ringshanks and he rested it on his leg in one had and tried to pull something else his body tensed and pulled the trigger haha a lump of the floor had to be cut around his knee and taken to hospital with floor attached to his knee haha, this was the same bloke who had the trowel buried in his head in my earlier post.
labourer cut his wrist in 3 places on eml, really badly lost alot of blood, hes got some grusome scars now from that one.
the more i think about it the more i think mabey im a bad luck omen on site haha

I seen a sparks get get van gough ed by my apprentice after the lad told everyone on site the door way was off limits.
And another subbie slip on plastic while on stilts both have learned a valuable lesson and recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.