trowel protection

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimPastey

Hey all is there any protection for trowels? as im just about to buy a decent set of marshalltown trowels and i dont want them to get chipped in the van, or what do other people use?

Cheers Pastey

Buy a cheap saw with the plastic sheaf over the teeth and cut to size of trowel, you can wrap in a oil cloth make a box for it.

Hi Pastey

i use 15mm plastic pipe cut down the length of the pipe cut to size place over the blade on the trowel job done, done this for years never got a chip in the blade from puting it in the van mate and cheap to hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi Pastey

i use 15mm plastic pipe cut down the length of the pipe cut to size place over the blade on the trowel job done, done this for years never got a chip in the blade from puting it in the van mate and cheap to hope this helps

thats a good idea do you just saw a thin line down the middle and slot it in?

Hi Pastey

yep thats it pipe will cost u about £5.00 and u can do all you trowles mate got the idea from lads on site as thay where picking up all the off cuts off the grey polly pipe bush it stuff that the plummers had at the time and done it ever since works a treat mate

great idea! Also safe if you have an accident! first thing to fly would be your razor sharp trowel,wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of it!:RpS_crying:

I never leave my trowels in the van over night... I put them in a small tool bag and carry that in... I would be gutted if my van got nicked!!!

Yep, same as beddy but I have them between my handboard on one side and an old scraping trowel on the other.

here you go, nice and safe out of the way

SD530002.jpg

i made it up out of my very own individual brain, i did not copy your idea one bit what so ever :RpS_sneaky:

Yes steve where did you get that idea from mate?:rolleyes)
Similar to mine too.:RpS_wink:

My clean trowels:RpS_laugh:
photo-1548.jpg

its a ducato john. better than those ******* pikey wagons. even if i have got an irish plate...

i made a trowel protector out of corex the plastic sh*t they put down to protect the floor put the trowel on the corex and cut it an inch wider on bothsides and3 inches longer on the nose, fold sides over then the overhang on the nose and tape the flod down, sorted all my trowels have one of these then go in a plastering bucket just for them then in a 36stone van vault.
keep meaning to put them in a bag and bring them in though, i get really paranoid bout the van any noise i hear at night im looking out the window haha.

the easiest way to do it is by one of those plastic sleeve things used for A4 paper. i just got sent a few from refina as a freebie but threw them away as i dont need them now

yeah i could never find a3 binders though, like i said i had a set of 14" and 16" sent to me but i threw them

haha i once threw a 20 inch trowel at a floor layer he had taken it without asking me to do some latexing diddnt clean it and used it to scrape the floor clean first. needless to say i took a trowel of his after he had a 3ft trowel it was great for flattening in with, someone then nicked this off me and i havent been able to find anouther one since and ive been looking now for..........3 years

I watched a dip s**t labourer on a site take my trowel and knock snots off the wall with it... I went spacko at him and threatened if he came near me or my gear I would throw him oout the upstairs window!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.