Trowel edge protectors

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPREADS

Anyone use protectors to stop any nicks or chips on your trowel edge.Made some up from a couple of plastic slips.Works quite well. ;)

mine seems to be ok i smash it all around the van use it to scrape areas ... smash rad screws with it.. works fine..

i've thought of using the things they use to keep A4 paper together but its not big enough as my trowels 14inch. i've looked everywhere for some A3 ones but cant find them. my last trowel was always getting nicked and dinked the the van. might be something to do with a dodgy labourer though!

I use sparkys oval shaped plastic conduet , just run a stanley knife down it and slide your trowel in

SPREADS said:
church said:
I use sparkys oval shaped plastic conduet , just run a stanley knife down it and slide your trowel in
It makes a huge difference. ;D
[/quote

True , but they only come in 2.4 length's so they might not work for the lads with big trowels

I got a rack on the inside of me van i slide all me trowels & hawks into,
don't get knocked at all.
An old spread i know uses the plastic protectors off saws just cuts em to size ;)

my nice new marshalltown permashape gets dried off with a towel and sits in the front of the tranny with a pair of shades and the seatbelt on. Aw Precious :-*

steve cov said:
i've thought of using the things they use to keep A4 paper together but its not big enough as my trowels 14inch. i've looked everywhere for some A3 ones but cant find them. my last trowel was always getting nicked and dinked the the van. might be something to do with a dodgy labourer though!

I think you can get them from shops that sell posters ,

simplybesty said:
steve cov said:

I think you can get them from shops that sell posters ,

do you mean places that print posters and business cards and stuff?

i hang mine up in the van and keep an oil stone just in case, also have pleanty of trowels that are all broken in so you can just swap and change ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.