Trowel dilemma

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dods85

Looking at investing in a super flex trowel as I've herd and read on the forum that they are ment to be the mutts. But I'm unsure of which one to get between the refina o​r the Nela super flex. I know with trowels it's ultimately down to personal preference but I don't have anywhere local to me that stocks any of these trowel. So was just looking for a general senses of which trowel was best.

I use the Refina and don't use it for all trowels really marshal town still as good as any. Not bought the nela yet but might give it a go soon

Still haven't got a s*p*r*lex lol ... trying to find an excuse but my tyzack and plazzi are finishing walls with ease tbh ....

Think i'll take a look on the plasterers one stop shop shortly :RpS_thumbup:

i have both. have to say I use the refina all day, every day. agree the nela is a great quality trowel, but i'm now used to the extra width on the refina, weird as that might seem. if the nela had come first things would have been different. as an aside if you havent got one get the plasterers1stopshop plazzi trowel. it looks wank but its one of the best tools i've purchased in the last few years. it is superb. used it today along with a sponge float to feather in and it was a breeze. used it last week on a winder and it was unreal. the refina plazzi is sh1t on your shoe compared to it.

My mate see a 14 inch Mt for sale in a local tool hire shop for £72 :RpS_thumbup: anyone want one ?

If the nela s*p*r*lex is built anywhere near the nela standard one cant remember the name but the solid blade it will be the dogs nuts mate . And plenty peeps have been raving bout them

just taken the lovely cork handle off my nela and put it on the refina. cant wait to use it tomorrow. best of both. like that bread. just couldnt get on with the nela. theres enough on here with a contrary view so no big shakes. tried it all day today and had to switch to refina for the final trowel each time. kept taking the gear off with the nela for some reason. couldnt put the refina handle on the nela though. wouldnt go.

i have both. have to say I use the refina all day, every day. agree the nela is a great quality trowel, but i'm now used to the extra width on the refina, weird as that might seem. if the nela had come first things would have been different. as an aside if you havent got one get the plasterers1stopshop plazzi trowel. it looks wank but its one of the best tools i've purchased in the last few years. it is superb. used it today along with a sponge float to feather in and it was a breeze. used it last week on a winder and it was unreal. the refina plazzi is sh1t on your shoe compared to it.

Cheers for the advise mate I have a 20" plazzi already I think there awesome going to have to get a super flex though. What size super flex do you use?

just taken the lovely cork handle off my nela and put it on the refina. cant wait to use it tomorrow. best of both. like that bread. just couldnt get on with the nela. theres enough on here with a contrary view so no big shakes. tried it all day today and had to switch to refina for the final trowel each time. kept taking the gear off with the nela for some reason. couldnt put the refina handle on the nela though. wouldnt go.

did you rub the nela edges down mate ?? ( premium ) I perservered with the premium, took me a day to get used to it...

each to their own :RpS_thumbup: i have 16 inch and 14 inch. trowel up with the 14 inch. and 14 inch nela in the garage awaiting a new handle transplant. used my tyzack thirteen inch for more years than i can remember, then tried the s*p*r*lex ... :-( feel a bit tight

did you rub the nela edges down mate ?? ( premium ) I perservered with the premium, took me a day to get used to it...

i did mate. with the oilstone. like i say i used it thoughout today and it went on lovely. ill give it another go another time another place. big empty house maybe. but happy with the other for now.

I was the same first day pal, as you know love the refina... bought the Nela ( which honestly looks a lot better made than the refina ) and kept wanting to jump back on the refina.... so I spent about 15 mins with wet n dry on the edges ( why nela put the cross grain on the blade I dont know ) but anyway.. once rubbed down , it trowelled up beautiful,,, each to their own preference though, I like the cork handle, but if I could be arsed, I;d change to the other one as that feels nice aswell... I also bought the nela s*p*r*lex, which I love ( never used the refina one, so cant compare ) it was the way the nela looked ie.. well made that made me keep with it, after a couple of days, i wouldnt go back to the refina, however if I had to, it wouldnt be a problem... in general, they are both excellent trowels and its a personal choice, I use the 16'' in both....

I just bought a 14 inch s*p*r*lex, used it today. What a dream trowel :RpS_wub: ..it's a lot firmer than the sponge back refina plazzi (which I struggled with at first) but they complement each other nicely as the plazzi is great if you want to flatten wet(ish) gear, if it's firmed up a bit, use the s*p*r*lex. Corners were a bit rough on the s*p*r*lex tho...needed a rub up first.

totally hooked on new toys at the minute.....missus won't be happy when she does the invoices next week :RpS_blushing:

Also, very good customer service from Ryan at one stop shop....couldn't ask for more.

I just bought a 14 inch s*p*r*lex, used it today. What a dream trowel :RpS_wub: ..it's a lot firmer than the sponge back refina plazzi (which I struggled with at first) but they complement each other nicely as the plazzi is great if you want to flatten wet(ish) gear, if it's firmed up a bit, use the s*p*r*lex. Corners were a bit rough on the s*p*r*lex tho...needed a rub up first.

totally hooked on new toys at the minute.....missus won't be happy when she does the invoices next week :RpS_blushing:

Also, very good customer service from Ryan at one stop shop....couldn't ask for more.

Apart from being a bit cheaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.