Tree Bark affect

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett

Can anyone help me out here? Iv'e just rendered about 6 square metres of blown render at some chaps house. However I have done it smooth and it looks like it has been coated with a "hi build masonry paint" When I spoke to a chap in the loacal paint store he said I shoud use a textured roller (looks like a normal roller with fag burns in it) and rap elastic bands around it to give me the desired affect. However, after trying a sample board at home it doesn't quite look right and look more stipply then dragged if that makes sense!?! I have heard that you can get the proper rollers with the lines in but i'll be f***ed if I can find one anywhere? Please if you can help I would appreciate as I won't get the dough of the geezer until iv'e finished it (and rightly so) Any suggetsions?

That's the way i used to do it , with the old roller and strips off bike innertube on the roller, are you gettin the hi build on thick enough

Cheers Warrior, I'll load it up again with sh6t loads and give it another go. Bike inertubes? Hmm sounds interesting, think i'll go and take one of the misses wheels of her mountain bike ;D
Is it best to move the roller slow for fast!?! Really havnt a clue mate - just want to finish the job spot on get paid and move onto thge next.
Cheers
G

Put the high build on with a trowl then use an ordinary painters roller with a cut down mastic tube over it to put the pattern in ,the smooth tube will give you the effect your after

Garrett said:
Can anyone help me out here? Iv'e just rendered about 6 square metres of blown render at some chaps house. However I have done it smooth and it looks like it has been coated with a "hi build masonry paint" When I spoke to a chap in the loacal paint store he said I shoud use a textured roller (looks like a normal roller with fag burns in it) and rap elastic bands around it to give me the desired affect. However, after trying a sample board at home it doesn't quite look right and look more stipply then dragged if that makes sense!?! I have heard that you can get the proper rollers with the lines in but i'll be f***ed if I can find one anywhere? Please if you can help I would appreciate as I won't get the dough of the geezer until iv'e finished it (and rightly so) Any suggetsions?
forward this to 1.00 mate ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4yU2QOVVc

flat boy skim said:
Garrett said:
forward this to 1.00 mate ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4yU2QOVVc
Fck me flintstones eat your heart out!!!! thats quality. Cheers spongebob, i'll try that one out.

spongebob said:
Put the high build on with a trowl then use an ordinary painters roller with a cut down mastic tube over it to put the pattern in ,the smooth tube will give you the effect your after

That's how I do it too but with a piece of 40mm grey pipe on a 9" roller cage works on artex too.
Good tip about the mastic tube ;)

Nisus said:
spongebob said:

That's how I do it too but with a piece of 40mm grey pipe on a 9" roller cage works on artex too.

expensive though if you gotta keep emptying tubes off silicone ::) ;D ;D ,, the artex rollers are not really any good , but there ok for artex

warriorupnorth said:
Nisus said:
spongebob said:

expensive though if you gotta keep emptying tubes off silicone ::) ;D ;D ,, the artex rollers are not really any good , but there ok for artex

True it would be expensive.

But i found a bit of pipe on a job & cut it to size for a roller cage.

This is the roller i use for high build & artex.
I've had this one for about 8 years now!
It's had 2 new roller cages & 3 new bits of pipe ::)

photo-139.jpg

photo-140.jpg

warriorupnorth said:
You should go into production , see jimfish, bye the way i've just submitted the patent ;)

Never thought of that 8) Jimfish is only 10mins from me aswell,
I'll arrange a meeting asap ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.