TRAVIS PERKINS

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted some thistle bond it so went on TP Trademate and got quoted £65 for ten litres :mad:

Wickes stuff just as good but don't deliver :'(

Anyone know of similar products cheaper and delivered?

id make it waterproof pva..
never tried it but it stands to reason...

Try these mate they deliver its the german stuff betokontact but reasonable
http ://www.lordanddowning.co.uk/buyAccessories.php?id=73

it shouldnt be £65 even by travis prices......try local plasterboard suppliers in youre area .......im going to charge customers 65 for it from now on though!

I was at Travis Perkins today, called them at weekend after thistle bond it, was quoted about £40 plus VAT for 10 litres. So enquired about Knauf Betakontakt and after a bit of haggeling managed to order a 20kg tub for £37 plus VAT, I dont think thats too bad. You have to sign up for there Tradecard before you get charged anything reasonable for there products. :eek: Hope this helps ;)

topmark said:
I was at Travis Perkins today, called them at weekend after thistle bond it, was quoted about £40 plus VAT for 10 litres. So enquired about Knauf Betakontakt and after a bit of haggeling managed to order a 20kg tub for £37 plus VAT, I dont think thats too bad. You have to sign up for there Tradecard before you get charged anything reasonable for there products. :eek: Hope this helps ;)

Got a trade account mate, The price I got was of trademate website though so might get it cheaper if i go in.

i know what u mean mate there are much better products out there but if i can get away with using it i will personally i hate skimmin on bond-it , gyp prime tho i like that s**t

napper83 said:
i know what u mean mate there are much better products out there but if i can get away with using it i will personally i hate skimmin on bond-it , gyp prime tho i like that S***
I did also but find that skimming over bonding agent (betakontakt) with board-finish produces very good results. The rub is that you need to apply it preferably the day before, which is not feasible on small domestic jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.