Trade Parking permits

Brimstone

Just had a pop at my local Council, where they want all traders to buy a one day traders parking permit in Restricted Parking areas (most of town and growing) instead of using the Householders own free Visitors parking permits. They thought it would encourage us if they dropped the charge from a tenner to £7.50.
To do so you also have to provide banking details and proof of your own address, plus van insurance, business docs and etc. If the day is changed or cancelled you have to do it all again and lose the money. WTF?

Spelt it out to them that by the time we turn that all around and charge oveheads, payment delay, maybe VAT, profit on our own money etc., that tenner is more like £40 to the client.

Fell on deaf ears, £7.50 approved. Absolutely staggered to find that they've been charging £40 to Care Agencies per car, Medics and anyone else who needs to support somebody at home. They seriously believe that it can all be done during the daytime when there may, possibly, be a 2 hours free slot. Then suprised when the Care Agencies refused to buy them.

Not letting this one go, but same around your ways??

Never heard anything like what your talking about you put a couple of quid in the machine I think and a ticket comes out!

Overheads that customers don't see. What happened to the waste carrier permit from a few years back? never heard about that again. I throw my waste in a skip I'm passing or take it down the local tip. Get a permit for twelve visits for any waste including rubble, plaster etc over twelve months. Unlimited visits for anything other than that, Unless garden waste which is twelve visits. That's in the van. f**k**g gyppos are dumping it everywhere

Overheads that customers don't see. What happened to the waste carrier permit from a few years back? never heard about that again. I throw my waste in a skip I'm passing or take it down the local tip. Get a permit for twelve visits for any waste including rubble, plaster etc over twelve months. Unlimited visits for anything other than that, Unless garden waste which is twelve visits. That's in the van. f**k**g gyppos are dumping it everywhere
Throw your waste in a skip your passing??
I’m picturing you being chased up the road by angry builders hahahahaha!!!

Vans get stopped every now and then by the waste licensing people, £350 fine for a bag of rubbish ,permit is £250 for 3 years

That could push you over the edge. Like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Haven't seen that around here, to be honest. I don't suppose you know a lot of these things until they pull you up on them. Didn't know the speed limit for panel vans on the motorway is 5mph less until a few months back.

That could push you over the edge. Like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Haven't seen that around here, to be honest. I don't suppose you know a lot of these things until they pull you up on them. Didn't know the speed limit for panel vans on the motorway is 5mph less until a few months back.
I thought it was 10mph?

60 dual carriageways & Motorways unless it is "car derived van" - basically has to have side windows and/or rear windscreen. You can look it up for your own vehicle on a few websites. Mine rates as a car for London Congestion Zone on their vehicle checker.