TPF in association with GOLD TROWEL?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timeservedspread

I've often wondered about all the "big up's" given to the gold trowel brigade on this forum, TPF is basically a reference source for the golden course boyo's?
Pretty clever really, all the coursers can get free on going training from this forum and tips of the trade!
No wonder plastering has become the joke trade of the construction industry, its not even a trade now.
Like I've said a thousand times before, we can all look forward to our site & domestic rates getting lower and lower because of the "great blokes" who run these courses.
Anyways ill get the usual responses to this post from the pro-course brigade and as usual ill just ignore them and continue to post inflammatory remarks about the damage these clowns have done to the trade.
:flapper:

I've often wondered about all the "big up's" given to the gold trowel brigade on this forum, TPF is basically a reference source for the golden course boyo's?
Pretty clever really, all the coursers can get free on going training from this forum and tips of the trade!
No wonder plastering has become the joke trade of the construction industry, its not even a trade now.
Like I've said a thousand times before, we can all look forward to our site & domestic rates getting lower and lower because of the "great blokes" who run these courses.
Anyways ill get the usual responses to this post from the pro-course brigade and as usual ill just ignore them and continue to post inflammatory remarks about the damage these clowns have done to the trade.
:flapper:

Ive told you a billion million times......don't exaggerate :RpS_thumbsup:

so my opinion is this , (for what its worth, some may argue about 6 pence) I can only speak for the district in which I work which is South Devon. The problem as I see it is not the lack of work but the increase in competion. A company called Rok construction went bankrupt in Devon a couple of years ago, Rok employed 400 people and used approx 200-500 subbies at any one time. In the same period , Midas, persimon and other large employers in the area also had big layoffs. This put a lot of skilled experience tradesman onto the market looking for work, if you think about it an extra 20 or 30 plasterers in any town and thats a good half a million pound worth of trade being fought over. I personally dont think the coursers have as big an effect on the trade as you think timeservedspread, thats a bit of a mouthful can I call you Trev?

hmmmm from the level of college training I have seen recently I wouldnt say it was short courses causing the issues...

Also there are a lot of training schools around the UK that are terrible... but GT is not one of them....

They haven't had an affect on me to my knowledge, shortage off good tradespeople still, but let's blame Danny any that's the end of the free mugs..

my missus got preggers twice even with contraception thats @Danny 's fault aswell..............bloody danny

Last edited by a moderator:
lol reality is very few make it as FT spreads who come through courses...

The Marble plastering training is tip top and if you notice that is all we promote...

As i see it Trev you would be spending time upping your game instead of worrying about plasterers (if u can call them that) being a threat to you.
In these days being a top plasterer is only half the game, so move on and get over it, no f**k*r else is going to wipe ya arse.

Meanwhile lads and lasses serving our crown are getting their arms and legs blown off because of IED's and then just putting it behind them and getting on with their lives, whilst timeservedspread is STILL crying over the same broken record. Absolute waste of space.

Serious point here. How many of us practise sales and selling skills or have books helping in this area.. its not the best sprwad who gets the job its the best salesman . Just a thought

Yep.. that as well.. true tho. Your only a tradesman once you pass the selling stage unless its a referal...

yup.....

If they didn't have 5 days or 10 days training they wouldn't have any at all :D

In the end a customer will know if they know what they are on about...

Punters are not paying you for a nice flat wall or ceiling, they're paying you for your knowledge.

If someone can acquire enough 'skill' to float over boards in 3 or 5 days that's up to them...what they cannot do is advise a punter on what will work or what won't when they've had a flood, or artexing needs covering, or skeilings, or a hundred other problems that someone with years on the job has seen before and knows how to offer a solution.

Unless you can offer something else, your flat wall is the same as their flat wall and all that differs is the price...

Punters are not paying you for a nice flat wall or ceiling, they're paying you for your knowledge.

If someone can acquire enough 'skill' to float over boards in 3 or 5 days that's up to them...what they cannot do is advise a punter on what will work or what won't when they've had a flood, or artexing needs covering, or skeilings, or a hundred other problems that someone with years on the job has seen before and knows how to offer a solution.

Unless you can offer something else, your flat wall is the same as their flat wall and all that differs is the price...
Sums it up .

Status
Not open for further replies.