Tools left on unsecured site.

Members online

Cockney

It’s doing my nut in keep taking my important (expensive) tools off site after every day. How many of you would take or leave your tools on an unsecured site?

It’s doing my nut in keep taking my important (expensive) tools off site after every day. How many of you would take or leave your tools on an unsecured site?
Have done on several occasions , I don't buy Refina mixers , me trowels never

We're quite happy leaving most kit behind as long as it's behind a locked gate/door as our insurance then covers it. No form of security voids our insurance, so I then wouldn't leave anything.

I learned my lesson.
First time I didn’t padlock my ladders on my roof rack they got nicked!
Can’t be too trusting is the moral of the story.

I now paint all my tools with anti theft paint and cake em in grease that’ll teach em.

I’ve got to find a stash area! keep taking tools off a job every night is driving me mad. Friday evening tools in the van over the weekend then the rest of the week the f**k**s are staying there! Lol.

We usually find a cupboard or a recess put them in there and board it over that way we’re only carrying a screw gun theives are in such a rush they don’t really notice there’s a cupboard missing

We usually find a cupboard or a recess put them in there and board it over that way we’re only carrying a screw gun theives are in such a rush they don’t really notice there’s a cupboard missing
We do now lol

Reactions: s61
We're nationwide thieves lol

If your on a site hire a strong box and chain it up in a container or the site agents office
done it my self on a few sites make sure the chain is of good quality tho.

I don't think I'd leave my tools on a secured site let alone one unsecured... I'm not sure the insurance would pay out if they were pinched either