to pricey

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollie

went and priced up a job today, it was a 13ft x 13ft kitchen with ceiling, 14ft x 12ft living room and a small down stairs toilet
price it for mats and labour
600pound
the guy says he got a quote for 375 and even showed me the quote, and there was another one for 450
am i charging to much?

Pug said:
even your price is too cheap in my opinion

its the same old bull(german word) mate, it is too low but at the end of the day its 1 day for a plasterer. assuming the rooms are empty and theres no carpet.

2 rooms and a wee one in a day! overskim? i couldn't do it in a day mate!

steve cov said:
Pug said:
even your price is too cheap in my opinion

its the same old bull(german word) mate, it is too low but at the end of the day its 1 day for a plasterer. assuming the rooms are empty and theres no carpet.

so you think 1 plasterer can do a kitchen,living room and a bog in 1 day?

do you work 16 hours a day?

Whereabouts in the country are you Ollie?

I think your price was very competitive, based on prices in my area (NW Derbyshire)

MFW said:
Whereabouts in the country are you Ollie?

I think your price was very competitive, based on prices in my area (NW Derbyshire)

scunthorpe, the job was in doncaster

Your price was very competitive mate, Id have gone in more along the lines of 800-900 all in, dependant on how simple the rooms were to skim. I'm Surrey/South London

Work out the m2 and you'd get more than that supply and fix on site but the guy that's gone in with that really low price may keep getting undercut by others and be really desperate for some work and has thought it better to guarantee getting a little rather than getting nowt.

£450 was about right mate , £375 is a bit on the cheap side even for Donny, but it's probs a day an halfs work and probs max £100 in gear , so 275 in the pocket is not a bad wage for some round my way , when i go look at any overskims i just bang in my price and don't budge, and 9 times outa ten it's "oooh i've had a cheaper quote than that" and my response is ok bye, stick to your guns and bite the bullet cos these chancers won't be around for long, well maybe they will but i'm just tryin to make you feel a bit better, sorry mate fact of life , move on to the next one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.