To load or not to load

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakie

just like to know all you thoughts on loading up. firm i am subing to FOR NOW are expecting us to load in excess of four hundred boards in total including one hundred 15 mm soundblock up 3 floors 6 flights of stairs ...for no extra cash they reckon its built in price..NOT...already spent one full day 3 of us managed to get140 boards up nearly killed us we have now told them if they want us to do job they are going to have get them up for us or gi ve us the money .decision pending.

No i am a plasterer with experience in all aspects of the trade .i agree spunky piss takers but things still tight here in yorks.

Tell them you're there labour only to put them on the ceilings and Walls not carry them up the ******* stairs

sugested that bod all they say we hav,nt got enough in price to pay for them works both ways i say. .its like talking to a brick wall.

have seen it before, called stealing the trademens pennys, saving em 2 labourers pay to load up.The fxxxing coxk suxking mother fuxking penny pinching LOW LIFE CUXTS:RpS_mad:

Just stand your ground and dont let em walk all over you or just do the low level work closest to the boards smash out all the cream then f**k off.

Years ago boards used to come in pairs with a strip either side and my brother used to carry em up flights of stairs all day on his own bloody looner.

yes i remember them bod..... showing my age now ...but just think 15 mm soundblock 38 kg each never mind hardwall finish and bonding compound.

If i walk on tuesday anyone know of any jobs going in their area distance no object we are quality fast honest gang.

So that means that going by HSE rules tacking with these boards is a two man job!

And carrying them maybe? if i remember of my CSCS test the max is 25kg but then i think you can carry what you are comfy carrying which these boards are never comfy LOL Some jobs differ i remember getting apound a board on one job and just got some mates in to load up for 50p a board and they still made a good wage then some jobs its in the price so it all depends what your getting a metre also if they wont budge is it not worth getting someone in so you can do what you do best?

If this is the only game in town , you may regret walking away sometimes we just have to suck it up and take the pain.

Yeah Henry, but if they're shafting him now things aint gonna get any better.......maybe better to find other jobs first like - plus check that you're not gonna be in breach of contract if/when you walk:RpS_thumbup:

if there is a contract it should state on it that you are or not responsible for loading out if your sub contract labour only it should state they are responsible for getting materials loaded out

Beggars can't be choosers mate. If there's no other work for you you'd be better cracking on. Just politely negotiate a little extra for the loading up. Find out how much the job is worth and work out how many days you have to complete it in to make it pay. You might have to work an extra hour a day but that's life I'm afraid.

Walk away and don't have a wage coming in and you'll be sat at home telling yourself what a tit you've been.

In my experience the contractors who get a job loaded out for you usually pay less per metre. What are these guys paying for tacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.