To Insulate & Plaster a Conservatory Roof

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastering4u

Had an interesting job request this week. A customer has a conservatory (5m x4m), he wants the roof insulated then plasterboarded & plastered.
Reason, "too hot in the summer to enjoy, and too cold (losing up to 90% of heat) in the winter".
Anyone tackled this type of project?

Had an interesting job request this week. A customer has a conservatory (5m x4m), he wants the roof insulated then plasterboarded & plastered.
Reason, "too hot in the summer to enjoy, and too cold (losing up to 90% of heat) in the winter".
Anyone tackled this type of project?

Use the plastic tongue and groove stuff they sell in B&Q it would be a lot lighter and look better just throw some insulation above it.

I lad I know been doing this for some time. He make a good living of it. He insulates with kingspan then panels out with the plastic TG looks ok when done.

Last edited:
For that price i would put a rad in there ...... Would be no where near the price of that system and every time ur heatings on that would be to ? And if still cold do what has bee. Said kingspan then plastic ceiling after timbering out which i would think would make you a big saving on the price you got ......

Batten across the ceiling using self tapping screws into the frames. Staple the insulated metallic looking stuff on a roll to the battens. Plasterboard. Skim. Hey presto you've just saved 2300

Lad that works for me did his own battered out used trioso insulation boarded and skimmed looks fine and made it a lot warmer, a plastered ceiling looks better than a t&g one. IMO

just done my next door neighbours conservatory same as Ashley says. Batten, tri-iso, cross batten, insulated plasterboard and then skim. lovely job and now a very warm room that can actually be used

Status
Not open for further replies.